The aftermath of a tornado.

donkpow

Many people's lives are totally disrupted by the damage caused by the recent outbreak of tornadoes around here. Since we were outside the path of a tornado, our home suffered only very minor damage. Rebuilding continues and will continue for many years. Infrastructure repairs also continue. Power poles were downed and trees fell into the lines, dragging them down. 

I am finding communication systems in the affected areas are still not performing well three weeks after the tornadoes. I am receiving text messages that are a couple of weeks old. The pharmacy's digital system seems to be losing track of prescription associated information. The situation seems odd to me. I just didn't expect consequences like this.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, donkpow said:

Many people's lives are totally disrupted by the damage caused by the recent outbreak of tornadoes around here. Since we were outside the path of a tornado, our home suffered only very minor damage. Rebuilding continues and will continue for many years. Infrastructure repairs also continue. Power poles were downed and trees fell into the lines, dragging them down. 

I am finding communication systems in the affected areas are still not performing well three weeks after the tornadoes. I am receiving text messages that are a couple of weeks old. The pharmacy's digital system seems to be losing track of prescription associated information. The situation seems odd to me. I just didn't expect consequences like this.

We're talking about Ohio, correct?  Why would we expect anything different? It isn't like we're talking PA or Michigan!

4 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

I'll be in your area July 15th. If schedule permits, I'll have time to drive through the affected area, which is not far from my hotel. In fact, the weaker of the two tornadoes may have passed right through the property where I am staying.

Hope you have good weather. Reminds me of a time when I was going to New Mexico, and a week before, they had a shooting at the motel where I was going to stay. I still made the trip.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, BuffJim said:

I'll be in your area July 15th. If schedule permits, I'll have time to drive through the affected area, which is not far from my hotel. In fact, the weaker of the two tornadoes may have passed right through the property where I am staying.

Yeah, you can't miss it. Looks like this.

TL-Severe_Weather_88330.jpg-b-1100x733.j

Funny. I was over by the highway today. A lumber yard was hit. All the lumber barns are gone and nothing but slabs remain. It is open for business though. Lumber sits in the weather, briefly, on the slabs.

At another location, I saw what looks like a portable AT&T cellular tower. Complete with satellite link-up and portable generator set. I don't know if it is a public or special purpose tower.

• Sad 1