You heard it through the Grapevine..

Wilbur

10 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

Years ago, Don did a syndicated five minute radio spot with Brian Williams  called the Grapeline. It was carried by radio stations all over Canada back in the day.

I used to look forward to it.

This is the reincarnation.  They say it may lead to radio or video.   I think his son carries the show.  Don does have an 85 year old mind after all. 

3 hours ago, Don Cherry said:

So, I listened.  I think this will be a good show for hockey fans.  Lots of history.  It was good to hear him talking with Rocket Richard about the Rocket riot.   

Hockey history is Cherry's strong suit.  When HNIC moved from CBC to... where ever it moved to... TSN(?)  Cherry became unwatchable.  He was insightful on CBC but on TSN (or where ever HNIC moved to) he just went down a list of rants.  Coach's Corner just wasn't entertaining any more.

I hope his pod cast brings back the CBC Coach's Corner Cherry we all know and love.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

Hockey history is Cherry's strong suit.  When HNIC moved from CBC to... where ever it moved to... TSN(?)  Cherry became unwatchable.  He was insightful on CBC but on TSN (or where ever HNIC moved to) he just went down a list of rants.  Coach's Corner just wasn't entertaining any more.

I hope his pod cast brings back the CBC Coach's Corner Cherry we all know and love.

Yet, the ratings for coaches corner were nearly twice that of any other part of the game.  Maybe in a Jerry Springer sort of way.  He also said the 7 minute format of CC didn't work.  Now, his podcasts will be 25-40 minutes and cover a much broader range of topics, current and historic.  I think this will be good.