Projects and repairs have begun

jsharr

7 minutes ago, Further said:

Did you get the 3M headlight polisher kit ? I've used it a couple times and it works very well, but I didn't get the treatment to put on after polishing, I should have.

We used Maguire's.  Sanded with 1000 then 3000 then polished with drill pad and compound then clean and dry and wipe on protectant. 

$30 for the kit at auto zone with $10 gift card rebate.  I filled the rebate claim online

• Heart 1

12 hours ago, 2Far said:

I highly recommend Crutchfield for all things audio. 

They have a vehicle selector and then it’s easy peasy to see what fits. They’ll send a wiring harness adapter and a full set of disassembly/assembly instructions for your specific model. 

They had a Black Firday Sale.  Boss agreed to let Wade do some work around the office and paid for 4 Infinity 6.5" speakers that came with mounting and wiring adapters.  50 percent off

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

15 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

what polishing kit did you use, and how was using it? I'd like to do that to my Trailblazer.

15 hours ago, jsharr said:

We used Maguire's.  Sanded with 1000 then 3000 then polished with drill pad and compound then clean and dry and wipe on protectant. 

$30 for the kit at auto zone with $10 gift card rebate.  I filled the rebate claim online

Welcome 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

If you are putting in LED bulbs in stock housing that isn't meant for LED bulbs.  Make sure you aim the damn things afterwards, and actually you should aim them a tad lower than normal to account for the new brighter bulbs to try and help reduce the possible oncoming, blinded drivers.

40 minutes ago, Indy said:

If you are putting in LED bulbs in stock housing that isn't meant for LED bulbs.  Make sure you aim the damn things afterwards, and actually you should aim them a tad lower than normal to account for the new brighter bulbs to try and help reduce the possible oncoming, blinded drivers.

I had LED’s installed on my Subaru and they are pretty much useless as they point up in the air.  Need to have them adjusted but they are a PITA to get to.

Fortunately I rarely drive in the dark...

46 minutes ago, Indy said:

4 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I had LED’s installed on my Subaru and they are pretty much useless as they point up in the air.  Need to have them adjusted but they are a PITA to get to.

Fortunately I rarely drive in the dark...

they are for the Daytime running lights.  Hopefully will last longer.  

So last night was speaker install night.

Started well.  Got the passenger rear speaker installed in less than 30 minutes.  
Started on drivers rear.  Ryan joins us and asks what the button on the tweeter is for.  What button.  Turns out there is a button that affects the treble output.
Wade decides he wants the button pushed, so we push the button and install the drivers side rear.  
Then we go back to the passenger side rear and take the door apart again to make sure the button is pushed.  Push button and reassemble door.
This took one hour and I was ready to call it a night and do the front doors the next night.
NO DAD, PLEASE
So we take the front doors apart and find a broken tab inside each door that needs to be repaired.  Not sure if we broke them or the previous owner, but we go to Home Depot and get two part fast setting epoxy and repair the broken tabs.
Go inside and wait one hour for the epoxy to fully cure.
Come back out, reassemble the doors, clean up tools, throw away trash and get all 4 cars back in the garage or on driveway.

At various points in this journey I felt happy, proud, annoyed, tired, sore and mad at myself.

The end

18 minutes ago, jsharr said:

get two part fast setting epoxy and repair the broken tabs.
Go inside and wait one hour for the epoxy to fully cure.

Next time you should get the fast setting epoxy.  The 2 part kind I get from HD that says 'fast setting'.  You know - the kind that sets fast.

An Hour!

#10minutesstops