Verizon Incompetence and negligence - those bastards!

MickinMD

Finally, after investing 30+ hours getting my Verizon all-channels plus set-top box working, a Verizon tech came to my apartment.

In 60 seconds he spotted the problem.

The instructions for the VMS1100 Video Media Server (set-top box) read:

A. Make sure your Fios Router is installed.

B.  Connect the coax cable from your Video Media Server TO A WALL OUTLET. (My caps)

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!  My old non-hi-def cheap Fios set-top box connected to the wall coax outlet but NOT the VMS1100.

You connect the coax cable from your VMS1100 Video Media Server TO THE COAX CONNECTOR ON THE BACK OF YOUR ROUTER.

Lucky the tech guy had a long one to so I didn't have to move the TV closer to the router.  He was disgusted when I showed him the instructions on the box.

I spoke to more than a dozen customer service reps and technicians from Mon thru Thurs and not a single one mentioned the back of the router to me. Incompetent bastards!

I don't think I realized there was a coax connector on the back of the small router tower and if I did I would have thought it was for Internet.

So I called the local Verizon Store where I picked up my stuff and told them there's an error in the instructions.  I doubt if they'll do anything about it.  When I return the old router next week, I tell them again.  Hopefully, I'll save others from going through my infuriating experience.

OK. Now I'm calming down.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

19 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I use Verizon wireless and they're my favorite service.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 from Tracfone that costs about $125 for 1500 min of talk plus G4 Internet and 1200 texts for a year that more than suits my needs, so I've been keeping my landline which is a small cost part of the Fios triple option.

2 hours ago, MickinMD said:

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 from Tracfone that costs about $125 for 1500 min of talk plus G4 Internet and 1200 texts for a year that more than suits my needs, so I've been keeping my landline which is a small cost part of the Fios triple option.

my bill is $58, which suits my needs.

6 hours ago, MickinMD said:

In 60 seconds he spotted the problem.

It seems like many tech problems have a simple solution.  The difficult part is finding that solution.  

I'm glad you finally got this solved. :)

7 hours ago, MickinMD said:

So I called the local Verizon Store where I picked up my stuff and told them there's an error in the instructions.  I doubt if they'll do anything about it.  When I return the old router next week, I tell them again.  Hopefully, I'll save others from going through my infuriating experience.

Mick... skip that... go to the top and complain.   https://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/executive-bios

I'm sure you can write a story explaining your frustrations.   Me... I'd email Ronan Dunne.