The Ed Sullivan Show is eclectic

Kirby

I'm watching an episode that is being repeated on Decades TV.  The guest list so far includes The Doors, Jack Benny,  Yul Brynner playing Spanish guitar and singing,  the Skating Bredos who do a daredevil roller skating act, Flip Wilson, Robert Goulet singing Mame and then a second song from The Doors.

I think Cheese would have really liked this show except for that hippie Jim Morrison. :nodhead:  Actually, I'm not sure how he'd feel about Yul

• Heart 2

On 11/16/2020 at 7:45 PM, Kirby said:

I'm watching an episode that is being repeated on Decades TV.  The guest list so far includes The Doors, Jack Benny,  Yul Brynner playing Spanish guitar and singing,  the Skating Bredos who do a daredevil roller skating act, Flip Wilson, Robert Goulet singing Mame and then a second song from The Doors.

Maybe Conan can replicate the classic variety show for us!

Conan O'Brien is heading to HBO Max.

"Conan," the TBS late-night show that O'Brien has hosted for 10 years, will go off the air in June, and the comedian will move to the streaming service HBO Max, where he will anchor an untitled weekly variety series, WarnerMedia announced Tuesday.

"In 1993 Johnny Carson gave me the best advice of my career: 'As soon as possible, get to a streaming platform.' I'm thrilled that I get to continue doing whatever the hell it is I do on HBO Max, and I look forward to a free subscription," O'Brien said in a statement.

• Heart 1