RIP Rush

Razors Edge

I really wanted to love Rush, but I can't.  They are superb musicians, and there are some songs that are really good, but just never step up to "great" for me.  I don't want to crap all over them, and if concert tickets appeared magically, I would reorganize my schedule and go.  Maybe seeing them live is the secret, there are a number of bands like that.

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I really wanted to love Rush, but I can't.  They are superb musicians, and there are some songs that are really good, but just never step up to "great" for me.  I don't want to crap all over them, and if concert tickets appeared magically, I would reorganize my schedule and go.  Maybe seeing them live is the secret, there are a number of bands like that.

They were great live, but not everyone is in to them. I thought they were awesome. Neil Peart was a good writer too.

• Heart 1

30 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

They peaked around 1977. I saw them in concert 8 or 9 years ago. The crowd went wild for the older stuff, which was few and far between. The crowd was pretty listless for the newer material which to me all sounded the same. Underwhelming. 

Moving Pictures is there best selling album and it came out in 1981.

17 minutes ago, dennis said:

Tom Sawyer, Red Barchetta, and Limelight are a solid set of tunes from that album.  Pretty much the extent of my Rush "collection" (Moving Pictures), but also really the one album by them that a casual fan should own.

1 hour ago, dennis said:

I saw them on that tour.  It was the worst concert I ever saw.  I am sure the band was fine.  Our seats were terrible though.  We got more sound echoing off the back of the arena than from the PA.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

Farewell to Kings is a strong album.  Moving Pictures is good too.  At the risk of being hit by Hip, 2112 is over rated.  The album with the song about the trees fighting is pompous and humorless.

Moving Pictures was mainstream ilk.  

I had to cue it up and listen to it, again.  

Yeah, you are wrong.  

It's like this...around the time Metallica hit the top ten, it was time to turn them off.  Kill Em All was their best album.