Boredom economy

shootingstar

:DThe Boredom Economy - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Ok, we know more breadmaking craze has led to greater flour sales, puzzles going through the roof, gardening and home renovation supplies spending has increased a ton. So has sales of videogames and alcohol have rocketed.  

How have you contributed to the spending patterns for the boredom economy?  I haven't bought more books...I still have books at home piled up to read from ..um a few yrs. ago. (No I haven't switched to e-reader yet.)

35 minutes ago, Dottles said:

We go out for drive thru coffee or meals. We're zigging when other folks are zagging. I continue to remain happily sober and replaying some amazing Japanese video games. If they had a @jsharr video game, I would definitely pony up and purchase it.

I'm contributing via my matcha tea lattes. It's not a light touch on the pocketbook either. At least better than daily alcohol or ordering online boxes of stuff several times/wk. via Amazon. (Like my neighbour upstairs. Sheesh.)

After 4 wks. of -25 to -40 degree C winter polar vortex, today I was thrilled just to have a lovely toasted bagel with cream cheese, smoked salmon, capers, etc. ..here in the prairies.  At least bagels are wood-fired locally..one sees it as soon as one steps into the shop. 

• Heart 1

48 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Since I've been working from home I haven't had too much  time to be bored.   I guess I've helped the local gas station

Well I'm abit bored right now after work, when it's still not ideal cycling weather surface-wise yet.  Maybe in 2 wks. or less. Then we might get bombed again with snow.

However I'm not up to making bread when my oven light controls aren't working. Rest of stove is fine.

Been reading my b-day gift book. Am enjoying it.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Dottles said:

We go out for drive thru coffee or meals. We're zigging when other folks are zagging. I continue to remain happily sober and replaying some amazing Japanese video games. If they had a @jsharr video game, I would definitely pony up and purchase it.

They do and you have.  It is called Square Wheels Cycling.

• Heart 3
  • Haha 1