Lifting toilets

Kzoo

They are damn heavy.  There you are, water off, toilet flushed dry and maybe toweled out and the tank is removed.  You've unbolted it from the floor and now you're squatting down wrapping your arms around the bowl, noticing that no matter how well you cleaned it there's at least one spot you missed.  So you lift it straight up off the bolts and set it quickly back down on some sort of tarp lest whatever was hanging around the wax seal drips on you and the floor.

Congratulatios.  You're less than half done.  Now you have to get it outside.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Kzoo said:

Great exercise, 3 sets, 10 reps each.  The flooring guys said they would spot me if I needed it.  I figured with my arthritic knees I could use the help.. 

Not sure if @Dirtyhip or @MickinMD have already lifted their toilets but definately something to keep in mind.

Not yet, but the tub and surround are in the house and soon to be installed.

Helping my buddy, a 6'4'' mountain of a man, change a urinal. We dropped the damn thing and it exploded, literally exploded, porcelain shards when flying everywhere.

Marty started screaming "I'm cut, I'm cut, oh shit I got poop in me, damn, fuck, I'm cut with poop...

And he carried on for quite a while

Actually went to the nurse for a tetanus shot

I didn't laugh....much.....  

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Further said:

Helping my buddy, a 6'4'' mountain of a man, change a urinal. We dropped the damn thing and it exploded, literally exploded, porcelain shards when flying everywhere.

Marty started screaming "I'm cut, I'm cut, oh shit I got poop in me, damn, fuck, I'm cut with poop...

And he carried on for quite a while

Actually went to the nurse for a tetanus shot

I didn't laugh....much.....  

Custodians deal with this sort of shit all the time.