Whelp I got my Garmin installed and working

Longjohn

4 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

How are you liking the new bike?

I’m liking it. It’s real nice on gravel and that is what I bought it for. I can’t tell how much I’m struggling on the hills because I’m so out of shape or this bike doesn’t do hills as well as my other bikes. It’s a 2X11 so it should be ok. Maybe I’ll take a ride on one of my other bikes and compare.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

I got my new Aerotech shorts and hi vis jersey the same time I got the garmen. They are very comfortable. I ordered them both in tall. The jersey is tall the shorts are short. That’s ok, I like short, I just figured they sell tall sizes I might as well get them in tall. They might be long on the average rider who wears a medium. They are about mid-thigh on me.

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Sort of. I installed the Garmin connect app on my phone. Sync it with Strava, installed the cadence sensor on my bike, installed the speed sensor on my wheel, put on the heart rate monitor. Everything was working fine but I didn’t know what this big arrow was on the screen. I rode my butt off trying to have an impressive ride only to find out it wasn’t recording. That big arrow was telling me to hit the button on the side to start recording. :facepalm: I got home and sat on the porch swing trying to figure it out. Posted a goofy porch swing ride on Strava. I think I got it now. :rolleyes:

It did record my high speed of the day of 26 mph. I don’t know how it recorded that and not the ride? The 26 mph hill when I was going up it I was spinning 100 rpm in my lowest gear. It’s going to take me awhile to get in shape. I’m still out of breath from my ride that didn’t record.

So glad you are feeling good enough to ride. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1