Simone Biles

Airehead

I stand by my remarks in support that I made on Jul. 29, 2021 for Simone Biles.

It's not hard for me for a number of reasons:   Main reason is alot that I know and see what my niece has undertaken in really hard hours long training each session, several times per wk. for most of her teen years.

Competitive gymnastics is not entertainment.. it is akin to a job. And a chunk of it, unpaid. One needs to look it that way when competing at national and international level.

Hard long road, lots of training and years of cost investment.  Just like school. You don't even know if you will "win" by getting the job that you trained for and spent money on education /training.

Another friend back in Ontario, her teen nephew also trained and competitively in gymnastics to break into regional level for Ontario at least.  I'm not sure if he managed to make it further.  I saw photos.. parallel bars  & pommel horse.

42 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Nadia was a prissy dancer compared to Biles.  Biles is a much stronger and more aerobatic performer.

Don't care.  Perfect is perfect, Nadia is THE gold standard in women's gymnastics, and stands as the best ever.

Besides, women in contemporary gymnastics are all built like tiny linebackers and it is only about power moves.  Oh boy, no grace, no rhythm, no ability to dance, just all big jumps.  Boring.

15 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Don't care.  Perfect is perfect, Nadia is THE gold standard in women's gymnastics, and stands as the best ever.

Besides, women in contemporary gymnastics are all built like tiny linebackers and it is only about power moves.  Oh boy, no grace, no rhythm, no ability to dance, just all big jumps.  Boring.

IMO she was the first 10 but not the best every.  She was only 14 at the time of the Montreal Olympics of 76 and the rules have changed since then.  14 year old gymnasts are no longer allowed to compete at the Olympics.  My the time she was 16 and legal by the modern rules even Nadia was having difficulty with body size and weight.  It's difficult to compare the tiny dancer with today's gymnasts.

5 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

IMO she was the first 10 but not the best every.  She was only 14 at the time of the Montreal Olympics of 76 and the rules have changed since then.  14 year old gymnasts are no longer allowed to compete at the Olympics.  My the time she was 16 and legal by the modern rules even Nadia was having difficulty with body size and weight.  It's difficult to compare the tiny dancer with today's gymnasts.

I never get tired of sharing this. Pure athleticism and pure joy at the same time!

• Awesome 1