NFL Postseason thread

Former member

the Pats have let Denver run on them in the last 3 meetings, and NE has won 2 of those games. The Game NE lost was without Gronkowski, and NE had a weak defense in all of those games.

Denver isn't better now than in November(or the other 2 games), but NE is healthy.

The Colts suck. No defense, and have QB that Denver and NE crush. Luck will be great someday(maybe), but not this year.

Everybody is healthier coming off a bye.  Remember that Denver had some big pieces missing on defense last year, they are much more solid this time around.  Still, they had much more of an air of invincibility in the AFC last year, so it is worrying that they have stumbled a bit of late.  I still think Denver and Seattle in the Super Bowl if everyone plays their best games, we will see.  A long way there yet, anything can happen.

To actually think the insane officiating in the Dallas game was conspired is stupid. It was terrible, but I've seen ridiculous calls like this before(even in Super Bowls).

Seattle got screwed in the SB against Pitt, and NE got screwed in the 2007 SB against NY. The Refs are wrong sometimes, but I don't think it's fixed.

That would be incorrect!!

#HereWeGoSteelersHereWeGo

I dreamed last night that I was watching the Ravens-Patriots game.  A sloppy, defensive game, tied at 7-7 with about 5 minutes left in the 4th.  A big scrum on a run play, and somehow no one realized the ball came loose except for one Ravens player, out away from the play.  He fell on the ball and no one seemed to notice, so he smugly stood up and made a big show of high-stepping it all the way to the end zone. 

Then I woke up - couldn't get back to sleep.  This was about 5AM.  

I hope the Ravens aren't in Brady's head like they're in mine.

Rodgers has a calf muscle tear.

The Hawks smoked the Pack in game one of the season here.  True, they are a different team but then so are we.  Green Bay does not concern me and this news further solidifies that fact if they beat Dallas this weekend and the Hawks do what they are supposed to do -- win a grinder here in Seattle -- they will beat Rogers and the gang yet again.  Now, if Dallas wins... I still like our chances but I think that's more of a match up problem for us.  Otherwise, we're back in the Stupor Bowl I say. 

But this is the NFL and I don't take anything for granted. 

Dubbed by the sports media as "The Ice Bowl", the game-time temperature at Lambeau Field was about −15 °F (−26 °C), with an average wind chill around −48 °F (−44 °C); under the revised National Weather Service wind chill index implemented in 2001, the average wind chill would have been −36 °F (−38 °C). [28] Lambeau Field's turf-heating system malfunctioned, and when the tarpaulin was removed from the field before the game, it left moisture on the field, which flash-froze in the extreme cold, leaving an icy surface that got worse as more and more of the field fell into the shadow of the stadium.[29] The heating system, made by General Electric, cost $80,000 and was bought from the nephew of George Halas, George Halas Jr.[citation needed] On the sidelines before the game, some Dallas players believed that Lombardi had purposely removed power to the heating coils.[30] The heating system would eventually be given the moniker Lombardi's Folly.[citation needed] The prior convention to prevent the football field from icing up was to cover the field with dozens of tons of hay.[31]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_NFL_Championship_Game

Is there anyway that Jerry can get the NFL to admit the refs are on the take, that we bought the Detroit game and that he has already paid for the Greenbay game?  Would save the travel and we could watch Duke of Hazzard reruns instead of a game that we all know how it is going to end?

Just show up and beat GB in Lambeau and all this talk will stop.  Unless, of course, Jerry paid off the refs there too.  Shit.  My guess is this talk keeps going on.

Yep.  We had to get the NFL rules Czar on the Hookers and Blow Bus in Vegas and snap some nice candid photos.  I think they used the one of him with the nipple clamps and the spatula against Detroit.  I hear that Jerry has a 172" x 453" glossy of Dean Blandino wearing the buttless Cowboys chaps while snorting coke of Tony Romo's chest all printed up and ready to go if we need to use it.  I fear we will.

Game time a little over 24 hours away now... can hardly wait.

The NFL refs have all been practicing picking up flags for days now out at the Cowboys practice facility.  Jerry has been showing them some new moves They have it down to an art.  I particulary like the way the back judge picks his up and waves it over his head in very intricate flourish.  The flourish gets more intricate as the foul that is being ignored gets more obvious.  Genius.