Things change.

Ralphie

I am sitting in a parking lot looking at a Men’s Wearhouse that used to be a stereo store. I never liked those places. Too expensive and too haughty. Barnes and Noble is still here but I always loved the huge cd section with listening stations and those are gone. But owl get over it because my listening station is now YouTube wherever the heck I happen to be. 

• Heart 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Hugs 1

1 minute ago, Ralphie said:

I am sitting in a parking lot looking at a Mens Wearhouse that used to be a stereo store. I never liked those places. Too expensive and too haughty. Barnes and Noble is still here but I always loved the huge cd section with listening stations and those are gone. But owl get over it because my listening station is now YouTube wherever the heck I happen to be. 

Those listening stations and the coffee shop in the bookstore were my go to on weekend mornings when I stayed in Orlando.  I could spend a couple of hours wandering around listening to music to see what I would buy.

• Heart 1

Just now, maddmaxx said:

Those listening stations and the coffee shop in the bookstore were my go to on weekend mornings when I stayed in Orlando.  I could spend a couple of hours wandering around listening to music to see what I would buy.

I discovered Cake and Sarah Harmer there. That was memorable. 

I love streaming music, get a yen for something and a few keystrokes has it playing.

But the whole hearing a tune on the radio, going to the record store and buying it for your own, adding it to your shelf of records...That was exciting, and took some commitment...

I prefer todays easy tunes, want to hear Thunderclap Newman ?

Here he is