I’m puzzled

Longjohn

Judie found the back of a pierced earring on our dining room table. She doesn’t have pierced ears and neither do I. She had just changed the tablecloth yesterday so it wasn’t there before. I jokingly said “I told her to make sure she doesn’t leave anything behind for my wife to find”. That didn’t go over very well. So where do you suppose this thing came from? We haven’t had any granddaughters over.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

That didn’t go over very well. So where do you suppose this thing came from? We haven’t had any granddaughters over.

A vestige left in the washing machine or the dryer?  Those earring backs get lost all the time.

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1

what was on the table cloth before and after?  Any sort of centerpiece or something that the ear ring back could have been just in and it got dislodged when the item was put back on the table after the linen change? 

• Thank You 1

20 minutes ago, jsharr said:

what was on the table cloth before and after?  Any sort of centerpiece or something that the ear ring back could have been just in and it got dislodged when the item was put back on the table after the linen change? 

That was the only thing I could think of but it is a stretch. We have always had a wooden napkin holder and salt and pepper shaker holder on the table.  But Esther died in 2021 and was bedridden for two years before that. That is a long time for it to be stuck only to be dislodged now. That tablecloth has been changed many times in that amount of time.