Is Nirvana to Pearl Jam

As the Beatles were to the Stones? They were the two bands at the head of a giant transformation in music. The Beatles and Stones were the biggest players in the British Invasion of the 1960’s, just as the Grunge and birth of Alternative Rock replaced the dinosaurs of the 70’s and 80’s was lead by Nirvana and Pearl Jam. Both the Beatles and Nirvana may have burned brighter, but burned out much faster than their rivals, who have kept at the recording and touring game for much longer. 

• Awesome 1

So Ed Vetter is Mick Jagger?  

I mean, I can see the parallels but no way you can compare Ringo to Dave. 

im a huge EVH fan and certainly acknowledge what he did for music. But IMO Dave Grohl has impacted music more. I think he is tremendously underrated and one of the biggest musical influences of our generation. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

8 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Never got into Pearl Jam, just another band that I really didn't see the fuss.

They had some good stuff.  Really good.  But man they had a lot of crap too.  Real crap.  I could never listen to an entire album of theirs.  But I suppose that's true about a lot of bands.

• Heart 1

23 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

So Ed Vetter is Mick Jagger?  

I mean, I can see the parallels but no way you can compare Ringo to Dave. 

No, the Stones are the better touring show, with Mick arguably one of the best front men of all time. Eddie’s not that, but I think the other parallels hold.

Dave and Paul would be a better comparison, IMO. John and Kurt may have gathered a lot of the limelight, but Dave and Paul both moved past the original band with other solid projects of their own.

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I’m a big Neil Young fan, too.

Well I just listened to some Temple of the Dog and Pearl Jam and I've changed my mind.  Grunge kicks ass.  I wish I could afford the tickets to go see PJ at Climate Pledge Arena in May.

• Heart 1

On 3/29/2024 at 6:32 AM, Parr8hed said:

But IMO Dave Grohl has impacted music more. I think he is tremendously underrated and one of the biggest musical influences of our generation. 

Completely agree. He's also wholesome as fuck and a real "rocker" role model.

• Awesome 1