How many vacations

Longjohn

With 49 years of working full time I lost track of how many vacations. They were not what you would call exotic. Vacationed at Lake Erie,  cabins at Pymatuning, driving vacations Disney and the Ocean, camping vacations to a state park.

• Heart 1

When we were first married we did day trips more than a few times during the year.  Mostly in the summer.   

During the first 16 years, we went on maybe 4 or 5 trips for a week of two.

In 2000 we stared taking one 2 week trip a year in June no matter what... we went somewhere.   WoBG and I figured if we didn't go on a vacation then, we would not go in the future either.

That plan ended in 2013.   We stated saving more money for the house we live in now.  We still go on day trips from time to time.

We have visited 44 of the 50 states.  And a trip to England, another trip to Italy, and we visited Canada twice.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

When I lived away from my family, most of my vacations were trips to see my parents/family.  I didn't really take a lot of trips until I moved back to near family.

• Like 2

17 trips outside of Canada + probably 20 different trips to Washington state.  17 number included about 10 different separate trips to other U.S. states. (Vermont, NH, NM, RI, MA, CA, MD, Michigan, MT, Illinois, Hawai'i).  Remaining to Europe and Asia.

Then many different trips in different parts of Canada.  Some day trips which gets more interesting, if it's all cycling the whole day. Or combining with of 1 following:  plane, train or bus...cause Canada is way too big for a full-time working cycling person. 

No doubt, Wilbur is going to trounce us all with work blending into tripping.

Who the hell knows…. What I do know is for much of our marriage our vacations were spent visiting the in laws back east.  Not much fun but I get it, WOChrisL needs to see her family too.  

MIL used to demand we all visit her, we basically told her no and we fly her out now but at her age we know those coast to coast flights won’t last too much longer.  That’s why we go to FL often as my FIL can’t really fly with his back issues.