Anyone interested in North East get together ride in the spring?

Reverend_Maynard

104 miles from me. That may be a tough one to pull off (convince the wife to)

You could tell the wife that she doesn't have to go this time.  Then you have a free day to hobnob with the forumites instead of wondering how she will deal with a bunch of weird strangers from the internets.  Or you could just convince her that she should come so she can bail you out of jail when you get into trouble with the law.  Everyone gets into trouble with the law when forum people get together.  It is inevitable.

You could tell the wife that she doesn't have to go this time.  Then you have a free day to hobnob with the forumites instead of wondering how she will deal with a bunch of weird strangers from the internets.  Or you could just convince her that she should come so she can bail you out of jail when you get into trouble with the law.  Everyone gets into trouble with the law when forum people get together.  It is inevitable.

We aint having fun till someone calls 911

Was Couch your best man or Krazy's maid of honour?

yes

I have met Krazy, he is krazy.  He was at my wedding, doncha know.  So was Couch, who now wants nothing to do with either of us.

that was a fun time, but lets not do it again:)

Love that jetty one!  And that looks like a cool bike trail too.

Hey Thaddeus and Rev and SW, have any of you done the East Bay Bike Trail in Providence?  I loved that!  I thought the views and the trail were just fricken' gorgeous!

east-bay-bike-path-6.jpg

Yes, done that many times.  I live right at the beginning of the section of trail that heads south and west from Providence, so I ride that mostly, but the trail head for the part you're talking about (from East Providence to Bristol) is only about 5 miles away.  It's rideable if you're not afraid of downtown traffic.  Generally, I prefer to ride the roads, but the trails are good too.  Mostly I dislike the number of road crossings, and thus stop signs, on those trails.  In some cases you can ride a parallel road that is more non-stop.

• 4 months later...

Well, this ride is clearly not going to happen, but I wonder if there's any interest in one next month, maybe?

There's another ride starting in Ashaway on May4th, with 15, 30, and 63 mile options called the Mystic Metric.

Map link

RideWithGPS 15miler

RideWithGPS 30miler

RideWithGPS 63miler

We could do any weekend in May...

Anyone...?

Well, this ride is clearly not going to happen, but I wonder if there's any interest in one next month, maybe?

There's another ride starting in Ashaway on May4th, with 15, 30, and 63 mile options called the Mystic Metric.

Map link

RideWithGPS 15miler

RideWithGPS 30miler

RideWithGPS 63miler

We could do any weekend in May...

Anyone...?

We would certainly be interested in coming down for a weekend for a ride. It will still be several weeks before we see conditions decent enough to even think of riding. May would allow us a least a little time on the bikes before doing a ride.