Jury Duty and WHAT?

MickinMD

So I get a Jury Summons from Anne Arundel County District Court and go online to fill out the questionnaire and, the review page's top looks like this:

5ab0261532c6c_JurorQuestionaireIDObscuredOnlineTop.JPG.013753df793b0cb3b2fa373732ff6a95.JPG

Then, to save the information I copied and pasted (Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V) the questionnaire, copying it to a Word file and here's what I got: can you see what is added?

First Name: MICHAEL Middle Name: JOSEPH Last Name: CASHEN Name Suffix: N/A

Birth Date: 10/01/1950 Identification Number: xxxxxxxx Zip Code: 21225

Address 1: xxxxxxxxxxx Address 2: N/A City: BROOKLYN PARK State: MD

Report Date: 04/16/2018 Summon Status: Summoned

* Indicates a required field

窗体顶端

Qualification Answer statements (11-23) by clicking Yes/ or No.

According to the Google translator, the Chinese Characters mean, "Top of Form."

It probably just means the Web page was developed in China and the Characters are normally hidden but are caught by copy-and-paste, but I informed the Maryland Courts Webmaster just in case we are being hacked!

• Heart 1

I just got my jury duty notice yesterday as well, but I'm filling out all the forms old school with paper and pen.   I don't mind jury duty itself, but it's an approximately 2.5 hour commute each way if you want to be sure to get there on time (I have to take the commuter train and then transfer to the subway, so you need to allow time for the ever present delays).

1 hour ago, pedalphile said:

I've never understood this fill out a form business: what do you do when you fill out a form, do you depopulate the filled in boxes, or do you populate empty boxes? Therefore, you are filling in the form. You're welkom.

Google is your friend.  This explains it all....

fill out
phrasal verb of fill

1. 1.
    (of a person) put on weight to a noticeable extent.
    synonyms: grow fatter, become plumper, flesh out, put on weight, gain weight, get heavier
    "the puppies will begin to fill out once they start getting proper nutrition"
  • Heart 1

12 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Google is your friend.  This explains it all....

fill out
phrasal verb of fill

1. 1.
    (of a person) put on weight to a noticeable extent.
    synonyms: grow fatter, become plumper, flesh out, put on weight, gain weight, get heavier
    "the puppies will begin to fill out once they start getting proper nutrition"

This only further prooves its misuse in the current context, thank you.

Just now, pedalphile said:

This only further prooves its misuse in the current context, thank you.

Prooves?  You can't use bad Engrish to make a point about what you think is bad Engrish.

You have been disqualified from this conversation.

16 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

It's called font substitution. Sometimes when there's a font not loaded on your PC and you copy/paste, strange things can happen. In this case I'm guessing that there's an unseen, hidden field on that web page with something not standard in it.

That's pretty much what I said I thought when I emailed to the mdcourts.com webmaster, but I thought I should report it in case something's not right.

He replied: Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’ll review the form and make adjustments as necessary.