No one else is concerned Wilbur is out installing metal roofing in the rain?

AirwickWithCheese

This I don't understand.  :dontknow:

Every spring the man dusts off his bicycle and hurts himself on the 1% incline of his Canadian rails to trails. Ridiculous. Then he tells us, cries the blues, then you guys pray for him like he's about to blast off on the Saturn V.  What gives?  Maybe politely try to stop him now before he sheers his leg off?  Just a thought.   

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

I don't have metal yet -- if ever.  But hard facts are in this weather, having a metal roof makes a lot of sense in my climate.  I've been reading stuff that says that if you sell, you can recover 50% of the original cost in a new metal roof.  So say you need to replace your roof, if you plan on selling your house sometime after you replaced the roof, that $20,000 will cost you $10,000.  And if you instead hold onto it?  if it lasts 60 years, you've saved substantial bucks too assuming an asphalt roof lasts 20 years.  Either way, it looks like if you invest in a metal roof, you'll get your money back and it sure would be nice not to have to worry about it.  But yeah, you've just got to come up with the $20k initially. 

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, Dottie said:

I don't have metal yet -- if ever.  But hard facts are in this weather, having a metal roof makes a lot of sense in my climate.  I've been reading stuff that says that if you sell, you can recover 50% of the original cost in a new metal roof.  So say you need to replace your roof, if you plan on selling your house sometime after you replaced the roof, that $20,000 will cost you $10,000.  And if you instead hold onto it?  if it lasts 60 years, you've saved substantial bucks too assuming an asphalt roof lasts 20 years.  Either way, it looks like if you invest in a metal roof, you'll get your money back and it sure would be nice not to have to worry about it.  But yeah, you've just got to come up with the $20k initially. 

You are paying too much.

8 hours ago, Dottie said:

I'm 68 with an asphalt roof in good shape. If I have the roof re-shingled at some point, if it costs less than half a metal roof to use asphalt I should do it because even if I live 60 years, to 128, most of its going to be in some retirement home.

1 hour ago, MickinMD said:

I'm 68 with an asphalt roof in good shape. If I have the roof re-shingled at some point, if it costs less than half a metal roof to use asphalt I should do it because even if I live 60 years, to 128, most of its going to be in some retirement home.

Yeah but I look damn sexy. I am pretty sure this is the look Wilburino is going for.

• Awesome 1