The Story of my Very Good Day

Kirby

2 hours ago, Page Turner said:

...so much sturm und drang. How do you do it, @Kirby ? I would be a wreck if I left the neighborhood for that long.

There was one rather tense moment when the checckout person at the grocery store asked if I brought my own grocery bags.  That made me feel judged.  But otherwise it was a very good day.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

There was one rather tense moment when the checckout person at the grocery store asked if I brought my own grocery bags.  That made me feel judged.  But otherwise it was a very good day.

...I always hate that when it happens to me here. :angry:

• Heart 1

16 hours ago, Kirby said:

Today I got to sleep in as late as I wanted and I didn't have to set an alarm.  This made me feel very rested.  Once I woke up I decided to bring some old sheets to a nearby animal shelter.  When I got there one part of the gate was open but the other part was closed and there was a sign that said closed.  I decided that the open gate controlled, so I drove in and dropped off the sheets.  This made me feel a bit adventurous and happy that I could help the animals.

On the way home I saw a grocery store that was from the same chain of stores that I usually go to, but a new location.  I decided to try it rather than drive 15 minutes to my regular store.  The store was smaller than my regular one, and more crowded.  This made me feel a bit claustrophobic, but I got my groceries and that made me feel accomplished.  I also felt glad that my usual store isn't so hectic.

As I was driving home, I passed a local park that was having their first farmers' market of the season.  I decided to stop and see if the guy who sells yummy fruit tartes was there.  He hadn't been the last few times I went to the farmers' market, so I was hopeful but not overly optimistic.  But there he was and I got nice fruit tartes to bring to my Mom's and into work on Tuesday.  This made me feel very pleased.

This park also has a farm area where they have some  animals and nice flowers.  It was sort of a rainy day but that meant the park wasn't too crowded.  There were some fun goats, cows, horses and a giant pig.  But best of all in one of the barns they had a variety of different types of sheep, each of which had lambs within the last week or so.  Two of the lambs were only two days old and still struggling to walk.  Such cuteness made me very happy.  Then one of the volunteers at the park asked if I'd like to pet one of the lambs and this made me feel very sheep-herdery.

Then I came home and had lunch and a nice nap.

The End

Nice!  Recently, I took my 9 year-old nephew, Adam, to the demonstration farm in a county park for which I have a lifetime Senior pass.  A woman worker was washing a kid (a literal one: baby goat) with a hose and asked Adam if he wanted to help.  He did and rinsed and petted the kid.  Mama goat became alarmed and was putting her head through the opening in her corral in protest.  Adam wanted to pet her, too, but the woman in charge decided that was a bad idea.  We also checked out the newly hatched chicks, the sheep, cattle, pigs, and horses.  It was a smelly but fun time!

• Heart 1