Driver jumps on car, smashes windows in wild Sacramento road rage episode

Page Turner

I'll top you

Sleepy Bend or this week  1 broken arm & 1 concussion. Victim apparently "cut in" at a roundabout. That's a bit hinky as the people in the roundabout have right of way. He walks up breaks the back winder & tail light, then reaches in and breaks drivers arm w/his bare hand. Passenger comes around and he throws her down  causing concussion. Ragers wif/GF  says they are faking injuries. No video though

Saw one version of this in the WaPo

http://www.ktvz.com/news/redmond-man-charged-in-sw-bend-road-rage-incident/748859475

• Envious 1

I'm actually a little sympathetic if the original cause of the rage is like the foolish and dangerous driving I see. As I become more and more like Walter Matthau's character in Grumpy Old Men, I keep telling people that if I get arrested it will be due to road rage.

When I was teaching and a new teacher would break down in tears in the planning room because she had trouble keeping a class under control, I'd smile, put my hand on her shoulder, do the Bill Cosby routine: "Teenagers have brain damage," and assure her she isn't the only one in the room that struggled with the problem. That and some advice on how to avoid getting caught in tangential arguments during class often had a good effect.

It's impossible not to be driven insane - 40% of new teachers quit within 2 years after spending 4 years in college preparing to teach - unless you keep in mind that kids will be kids and try to find that an endearing quality.

But I don't know how to transfer the same stress-release to adults doing life-threatening things in cars. I just shake my head and curse.

4 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I'm actually a little sympathetic if the original cause of the rage is like the foolish and dangerous driving I see. As I become more and more like Walter Matthau's character in Grumpy Old Men, I keep telling people that if I get arrested it will be due to road rage.

When I was teaching and a new teacher would break down in tears in the planning room because she had trouble keeping a class under control, I'd smile, put my hand on her shoulder, do the Bill Cosby routine: "Teenagers have brain damage," and assure her she isn't the only one in the room that struggled with the problem. That and some advice on how to avoid getting caught in tangential arguments during class often had a good effect.

It's impossible not to be driven insane - 40% of new teachers quit within 2 years after spending 4 years in college preparing to teach - unless you keep in mind that kids will be kids and try to find that an endearing quality.

But I don't know how to transfer the same stress-release to adults doing life-threatening things in cars. I just shake my head and curse.

Seriously? Did you watch the video? Sympathetic?

2 hours ago, Dottie said:

I imagine you are desensitized to this kind of stuff now. 

...that's about two blocks from the Sunday farmers market location.  

It is true I saw way weirder stuff pretty regularly working for the fire department, but there are more guns now. 

Did anyone else notice how that one cop racked a shell as he was approaching the scene ?

1 hour ago, Page Turner said:

...that's about two blocks from the Sunday farmers market location.  

It is true I saw way weirder stuff pretty regularly working for the fire department, but there are more guns now. 

Did anyone else notice how that one cop racked a shell as he was approaching the scene ?

Yup.. first thing I thought of was the video game duck hunt. 

I do have e to say the cops kept their cool and just let him work through it till he accidentally slipped off the hood of the vehicle.

The two things which aggravate me are douchebaggery & incompetence.

1) Incompetence:

• Stopping in the "keep moving" on-ramp lane
  • left lane driving on the interstate all the way from Tampa to MSP because eventually they gotta turn left.
  • distracted driving
  • inability to turn left at a light if there's a left turn only lane across from them with cars in it.
  • inability to drive in the rain, or threat of rain, or forecast of rain, or dark.
  • Inability to pull into the intersection while waiting to turn left
  • Blocking intersections

2) Douchebaggery:

• Driving past all the cars waiting in the exit lane, then turning on blinker to cut-in where there's no room and stopping in the travel lane until space opens up.
  • Turning right from the go-through lane bypassing the right-turn only lane (yes there's a "No right turn" sign).
  • Turning right on red where there are FOUR "No Turns On Red" signs.
  • Lack of turn signals.
  • Traveling less than the posted speed, just because.
  • Blocking intersections.

I think a lot of drivers become frustrated with #1 and/or #2 and then resort to #2 or rage.

On 6/6/2018 at 5:00 PM, Scrapr said:

I'll top you

Sleepy Bend or this week  1 broken arm & 1 concussion. Victim apparently "cut in" at a roundabout. That's a bit hinky as the people in the roundabout have right of way. He walks up breaks the back winder & tail light, then reaches in and breaks drivers arm w/his bare hand. Passenger comes around and he throws her down  causing concussion. Ragers wif/GF  says they are faking injuries. No video though

Saw one version of this in the WaPo

http://www.ktvz.com/news/redmond-man-charged-in-sw-bend-road-rage-incident/748859475

Well...more news here. The victims apparently were the aggressors  a few days prior in a different road rage incident. So credibility is in play

And today the DA dropped all charges. Time served for the road rager in this case. Penalty: time served

http://www.ktvz.com/news/da-charges-dropped-in-bend-road-rage-incident/751786474

Sactotomato returns to the top of the road rage list

37 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

Well...more news here. The victims apparently were the aggressors  a few days prior in a different road rage incident. So credibility is in play

And today the DA dropped all charges. Time served for the road rager in this case. Penalty: time served

http://www.ktvz.com/news/da-charges-dropped-in-bend-road-rage-incident/751786474

Sactotomato returns to the top of the road rage list

Why don't they just lock all involved.  Road ragers have gotten so bad I don't like to make eye contact with other drivers anymore.