If you people had only been helpful last week

12string

Wife's birthday is today.  I got nuthin'

last week, she signed on for a year's worth of massages.  "This can be my present".  Yeah, I know better.  When I bought my hiking shoes, they were get the 2nd pair half off.  Guess who got the second pair?  "This can be my present".  Not if I want to live.

I just went to her favorite chocolate shop for Butter Creams.  Closed Mondays.  Miles more to the next favorite.  Closed til October.

I'm purty sure there's flowers already there from our son.

I hate buying gifts,  It would be so much easier if I was stupid rich.  "Here's a car, happy Flag Day"

If you can't come up with something else, plan a fun day out for the coming weekend and try to print out some info to represent various parts of the day (a hike using her new shoes, followed by a nice lunch, a trip to a museum she might enjoy etc.).  Just be sure to print something out and wrap those sheets nicely in a bow.  And get something decadent from a bakery for dessert tonight.

We leave early Sunday, so she'll be super stressed Saturday and if I plan an event she'll shoot me.

All the bakeries are closed by now.  The supermarket bakeries are garbage.

She won't be home for another hour, I could wrap up her shoes.

I'm a dead man.

Be honest. Honey, I had great plans for your birthday gift this year but those unhelpful dickbags on the cycling forum ruined them. I'll make it up on the trip.

If you're in Truckee one morning, take her to the Donner Lake Kitchen for breakfast. It's on Donner Pass Road off I-80. You'll be glad you did. 

• Awesome 1

4 hours ago, 12string said:

We leave early Sunday, so she'll be super stressed Saturday and if I plan an event she'll shoot me.

All the bakeries are closed by now.  The supermarket bakeries are garbage.

She won't be home for another hour, I could wrap up her shoes.

I'm a dead man.

You could have printed out a planned event for some time in the future.   :nodhead:

17 hours ago, Old#7 said:

Be honest. Honey, I had great plans for your birthday gift this year but those unhelpful dickbags on the cycling forum ruined them. I'll make it up on the trip.

If you're in Truckee one morning, take her to the Donner Lake Kitchen for breakfast. It's on Donner Pass Road off I-80. You'll be glad you did. 

coincidentally, at dinner last night we discussed going to Donner Pass.  The concern became what kind of food might be served at Donner Pass restaurants.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 12string said:

So here's what I did:  Printed jsharr's  post and told her the gift was that I DIDN'T take his advice.

NOMINATED! @Kzoo will Fedex the certificate that is suitable for framing and your 12734 SW potato points, that can be redeemed at the SW Cafe for a warm cup of nada.

5 minutes ago, jsharr said:

NOMINATED! @Kzoo will Fedex the certificate that is suitable for framing and your 12734 SW potato points, that can be redeemed at the SW Cafe for a warm cup of nada.

@jsharr I told you last week that we don't FedEx certificates anymore due to lack of interest (on our part).  Certificates are self-serve (no not like RG's self-serve).  They can be downloaded from our website.  I have included one here for @12string.  This might not be perfect for his situation but I have found that it works pretty well for all husband situations.  I've used it many times myself.  Just print the cert and fill in the blanks using a crayon.  If you need anything else please ask someone else 'cause I have lost interest in this......

image.png.7dbb3a79771ef0a056b0c9b89f1ecaf4.png  

• Heart 1