I sold my . . .

sheep_herder

2007 18.5' Jet Craft with a 240hp Mercury Sport Jet yesterday.  Now I am down to the Wayak. I cashed in my life insurance policy and bought the Jet Craft when I retired, but two of my fishing friends have died, and the sheep, etc. keep me too busy to fish whenever the conditions are best.  So, I sold it to the fellow that shears our sheep.

• Heart 2

5 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

I've heard said that the two happiest times with a boat are when you first buy it and when you finally sell it.

I knew someone would bring this up, but it was not true for me.  I enjoyed it but decided it would be nice to have someone use it on a more regular basis.  I am sure I will be going fishing with the buyer. I never advertised it was for sale, but others always let me know if they knew someone that was interested.  I started putting the word out about 2 years ago. 

31 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

I knew someone would bring this up, but it was not true for me.  I enjoyed it but decided it would be nice to have someone use it on a more regular basis.  I am sure I will be going fishing with the buyer. I never advertised it was for sale, but others always let me know if they knew someone that was interested.  I started putting the word out about 2 years ago. 

I agree 100% and the saying was also not true with me.  I had my boat 10 years and had many happy times on it with the kids. Other than replacing a couple of batteries and a cover it was trouble free.

I lost my free storage so had it in my garage which was a PITA but better than paying for storage.  I was talking to a baseball dad who worked at a local marina about storage. He said wow I know a guy who is looking for a whaler, interested in selling it?  A few weeks later I sold it for nearly what I paid for it...

I wasn't looking to unload it but I was happy to have my garage back.