TdF
Sign in to follow this  
shootingstar

So he wants know

where I want to spend my 60th birthday next year.  

I couldn't answer very well, because my birthday falls right in the middle of a work week and am trying to save my vacation days later.  Or maybe I won't even have a job. Really.

I'm trying to get stoked...but life looks unsettled so far. I DO celebrate that I have a loved one, am in good health, etc.

1 hour ago, shootingstar said:

I couldn't answer very well,

Luckily, you have some time to decide.  Unlike LJ, though, I think it is fine to "ride your years" in the week before or after your birthday. I guess you probably favor kilometers, though, so he might gripe about that part as well :D

5 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Sure will, now get off my lawn. 

Don't forget the prairies are pan flat where she lives, and if she times it right, she can catch a tailwind heading out, have a snack, and get a tailwind on the return trip.  Add in the weak Canadian dollar, and it's like her "birthday miles" are maybe a half dozen good old 'Merican miles. :D

17 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Don't forget the prairies are pan flat where she lives, and if she times it right, she can catch a tailwind heading out, have a snack, and get a tailwind on the return trip.  Add in the weak Canadian dollar, and it's like her "birthday miles" are maybe a half dozen good old 'Merican miles. :D

And don't forget we might be in a deep winter freeze ie. -20 to -25 degrees C around birthday time.  Seriously...happens too often.  One year I managed to cycle 20 km. on my birthday. That was enough.  Sounds good ...ride American miles and get gift in American dollars.

3 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

And don't forget we might be in a deep winter freeze ie. -20 to -25 degrees C around birthday time.  Seriously...happens too often.  One year I managed to cycle 20 km. on my birthday. That was enough.  Sounds good ...ride American miles and get gift in American dollars. 

:D

I must confess I have no idea what month your birthday is in.  I just wait until the birthday bot announces it.

9 hours ago, shootingstar said:

And don't forget we might be in a deep winter freeze ie. -20 to -25 degrees C around birthday time.

Yeah, but I spent enough time in Cowtown to know that -20 at 6 am can turn into +10 by late morning, so if you don't like the weather, just wait a few minutes.

23 hours ago, Rattlecan said:

Yeah, but I spent enough time in Cowtown to know that -20 at 6 am can turn into +10 by late morning, so if you don't like the weather, just wait a few minutes.

Well, hopefully enough snow ...to go snowshoeing on b-day. But not in Cowtown.