For sale: Lightly used 2001 GMC Sierra

Dirtyhip

5 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

We got the 1/2 ton.  The 3/4 was too pricey for me.  I wanted diesel 3/4, but 1/2 can do the job.  We have a somewhat light 18' trailer.  

Amazing the price difference in 1/2 gas and 3/4 ton diesel.  Also amazing the price difference in a model like my truck (XLT) and a loaded out Platinum or King Ranch,  Those are the higher end packages for Ford, I don't speak fluent Chevy?

2 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Amazing the price difference in 1/2 gas and 3/4 ton diesel.  Also amazing the price difference in a model like my truck (XLT) and a loaded out Platinum or King Ranch,  Those are the higher end packages for Ford, I don't speak fluent Chevy?

My other issue was maintenance on 3/4 ton. Everything is going to cost more,  Everything is bigger.

If I had more cash, I would be in a 3/4 T Diesel.   

Hey, we should have one of those classic Ford/Chevy fights.  LOL

• Haha 1

Just now, Parr8hed said:

Z71 High Country is the bad boy in the Chevy stable.  My brother drives one.  

WT < CUSTOM < CUSTOM TRAIL BOSS < LT < RST < LT TRAIL BOSS < LTZ < HIGH COUNTRY

Too damn many choices.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

My other issue was maintenance on 3/4 ton. Everything is going to cost more,  Everything is bigger.

If I had more cash, I would be in a 3/4 T Diesel.   

Hey, we should have one of those classic Ford/Chevy fights.  LOL

Yes! 

I actually test drove a GMC 1/2 ton.  Basically the same as my truck now, just the Chevy version.  I really liked the looks of it and it drove nice.  What it came down to was the interior of my Ford was nicer (in my opinion).  I don't hate on Chevy trucks... I just have always had Ford.  I have had 2 expeditions, 2 Rangers, and 2 explorers.  I have had nothing but great luck with all of them.  It's hard to stay away from that. 

4 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Yes! 

I actually test drove a GMC 1/2 ton.  Basically the same as my truck now, just the Chevy version.  I really liked the looks of it and it drove nice.  What it came down to was the interior of my Ford was nicer (in my opinion).  I don't hate on Chevy trucks... I just have always had Ford.  I have had 2 expeditions, 2 Rangers, and 2 explorers.  I have had nothing but great luck with all of them.  It's hard to stay away from that. 

Yep, you drive Fords, so their cabin geometry makes sense.  I really liked my Silverado, but as far as cabin ergonomics and ease of use, the Chrysler is the best I have had yet.  

I did not like the ergonomics of the Dodge truck and have not spent enough time in a Nissan or Toyota to have a take on them.

But the short bed crew cab Dodge with the Hemi would flat out haul ass.  I was tempted to find an empty parking lot and light up the tires for fun, but I figured the truck would somehow tell Hertz what I was doing to it.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Yes! 

Ford has a good rating.  So does GM and Dodge,  Although, I do want to find a pic of Calvin pissing on the Ford emblem for ya.  HAHA

Really, the new stuff seems to run for a long time, assuming you take care of it.

We replaced the windshield on Silver yesterday.  It's going up for sale today or tomorrow.   We should have 500 miles on our new truck by this afternoon.  We found a used ARE in the right model and shape, and we are heading up to maybe buy it today. ROAD TRIP!!!!

It's a wedge style, and will fit all of our stuff securely. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Yep, you drive Fords, so their cabin geometry makes sense.  I really liked my Silverado, but as far as cabin ergonomics and ease of use, the Chrysler is the best I have had yet.  

I did not like the ergonomics of the Dodge truck and have not spent enough time in a Nissan or Toyota to have a take on them.

But the short bed crew cab Dodge with the Hemi would flat out haul ass.  I was tempted to find an empty parking lot and light up the tires for fun, but I figured the truck would somehow tell Hertz what I was doing to it.

We rented a GM a bunch of years back and took it out with friends 4 wheeling and towing people on snowboards.  We redlined that thing.  Pushed snow with the front end.  Ouch.

When we rented it, I was like "Give us all the insurance you offer."  

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Well, Page Turner did about the size.  

Supper irritated at that comment.  It's a jab on the soft part of my belly.  I do care about resources, but I also like to enjoy my life.  Not very wasteful in my life, except for my beautiful and very large truck.  

Your money your truck.  What others say or think is just idle chatter.

F’ em, drive on DH!