Ready for the weekend reenactment.

Digital_photog

2 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

Do you also have some naturally dyed wool or just natural colored wool from the sheep?  Many refer to naturally dyed as being dyed with plant extracts. Just curious.

These are natural Shetland colors.  WoD_P now has 11 different natural plant dyes she is done.  She has 2 more she wants to try yet.  I have older pictures when she just had a few.  I will get a picture over the weekend of all of them. The 5 on the left are all natural plant product colors.  The other 4 are Wilton food colors.  I hope that helps.  We have avoided using the harsh chemical dyes.  Trying to mostly stay with dyes that would have been available in 1760 to 1830 time period.

DSC02259.thumb.jpg.51d47b40aa1673ddb5b9e1ec31e1ac7c.jpg

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, 2Far said:

So, who's the lucky sod who gets to pick up the anvil & put it on the block of wood?

This old codger who always hopes he doesn't drop it on his foot.  I have 4 anvils. 2 of them period correct for the reenactments.  Those 2 are 100 lbs and 138 lbs.  I have been using the 100 lb one so I don't have to lift so much.  The 2 newer ones are 35 lbs and 135 lbs. I use the bigger ones if I am setting up for a long time and have help with the lifting.  They will go to the corn maze next week and stay till November.