Highly recommended documentary

Dirtyhip

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

I love this.  I had to watch it twice.  It was so touching and glorious with scenery.  It made me think of one of the most interesting forumites here.  @Zephyr

The film is called "My Octopus Teacher."  Check it out on Netflix.  

I have watched it..., and seen many of the behaviors documented on the show.  It is very well done.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

8 hours ago, Zephyr said:

I have watched it..., and seen many of the behaviors documented on the show.  It is very well done.

Even my husband likes it.  We watched half of it last night.  He is going to finish watching it tonight.  I am interested to see what he thinks of the end.  

I can't say more, or to ruin for others here that may watch it.  

We did see a little octopus in Grenada.  I was surprised how small it was.  I tried to watch it longer, but it disappeared.  

• Heart 2

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Kirby said:

I actually heard a radio show discussing some of the moral issues related to the documentary.    I won't say more to avoid spoilers.

Can you provide a link?  As someone who has spent his adult life on and under the ocean and have been considered a marine conservationist for literally decades, I am curious as to their issues.  Other than being a bit heavy on the anthropomorphism, there is not a lot I saw that could cause concern

30 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Can you provide a link?  As someone who has spent his adult life on and under the ocean and have been considered a marine conservationist for literally decades, I am curious as to their issues.  Other than being a bit heavy on the anthropomorphism, there is not a lot I saw that could cause concern

Thank you.  I cut and pasted that right into google for a definition.

I had that during part of the movie.  It was hard to not fall in love with the octo. 

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Thank you.  I cut and pasted that right into google for a definition.

I had that during part of the movie.  It was hard to not fall in love with the octo. 

hey...if Corporations can be people then Octo's are snot far behind

@ralph has me using snot terms on other message boards. They just don't get me :dontknow: