Sowing seeds

Parsnip Totin Jack

I could have had the peas in already, but the innoculant was in the Burpee order that FINALLY showed up.  And the garden isn't tilled til maybe Sunday if it doesn't rain too much before that.

I do have a ton of seedlings in the starter trays.

Here's a tip:  Avenger weed Killer.  Buy it!  citrus, completely organic, spot killer, and you can replant in a couple hours.  This winter was mild, my garden was covered in weeds, this stuff did a great job killing them!

• Thank You 1

4 hours ago, Parsnip Totin Jack said:

Early spring crops are in one garden bed. After work on Tuesday, I planted seeds for, baby turnips, lettuce, spinach, beets, carrots, and radishes. The cabbages I planted last fall are getting bigger but are not ready for harvest yet. 

Great.  I have to wait a month or so for golden beets and green beans, but I'll be digging the extra garden space I've set aside for them this week or next.

It gets too hot here for spinach but my back porch is air conditioned and I might use the "mini greenhouse" shelves with grow lights to grow baby spinach, supposedly 20-30 days from seed to harvest, after I grow tomato and pepper plants there.

• Heart 1