Science Fiction

maddmaxx

What I read when I want to waste a little time.  I just finished book one of another series "Genesis".  I loaded book two onto my phone, "Nemesis".  It involves an Ark, the end of earth and next, something is chasing the colonists.  Yada yada yada.  Recommended as a good time waster series.

I am watching "Silo" on Apple +, which is fun because I read the series that was based on at least 10 years ago (it was called "Wool").  I have forgotten most of what I read, though, so it only seems vaguely familiar.

I used to belong to a science fiction book club when I was younger, and had gone to a couple of science fiction film festivals with a bunch of friends when in college.  Good fun!

• Thank You 1

15 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I dislike science fiction.  I know you don't care, but I do, and I think Donk does.  Where is Donk?  He is science fiction personified.

You could take books out of the rest of my library.  How about "Operation Drumbeat" the story of the German Submarines off the east coast of the US in what they called the happy days.

I'm afraid that my copy of the electrical code might be a bit out of date however.

If you want something more technical you could study the gas flow through a jet engine and the thermodynamics of it.

I love Sci-Fi in all its forms. I usually lean towards Hard Sci-Fi and Space Opera with quite a bit of dystopian sub-genre mixed in.

I listen to a lot of audiobooks when running, going through the Adrian Tchaikovsky expansive library of novels. 

In print, I finished Joel Sheperd's series The Spiral Wars and The Cassandra Kresnov. I started Mark Wayne McGinnis's series called USS Hamilton (book 2/6) and Jeffery Haskell Grimm's War series (book 3/6)

I got to the point that my listening was making my public library and Audible audiobook system become expensive and unmanageable. I made my own version that hosts all my library and has a request process that allows family and friends who have accounts to add authors/books to the system to be retrieved for the library.

29 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I have Kindle Unlimited and it suggests authors based off my past reading.  Right now I am reading a series by Auston King about a former CIA hitman named Jordan Drake.  

I'm looking for a new author and I love this type of series.  Looking at the Audible;e app, his books get good but not great reviews and there aren't many of them.  What books in the series have you read and do you recommend them?  I thinking sort'a like the Gray Man series?

3 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I'm looking for a new author and I love this type of series.  Looking at the Audible;e app, his books get good but not great reviews and there aren't many of them.  What books in the series have you read and do you recommend them?  I thinking sort'a like the Gray Man series?

I am on the third book.  I start the series in order.  Good but not great is an apt descriptor, but I pay $10 a month for the membership, so they work out to around $2.00 per book as I read about a book per week.

I also read the Jack Slater series with Jason Trapp, another secret agent / special forces operator kind of guy.  Again, good, but not great. and I think there were 8 books in the series on Kindle Unlimited.

Some others I have read are Saul Herzog's Lance Spector series  

Marc Cameron Arliss Cutter series (he is a lawman in Alaska, more murder mystery but still good.

• Thank You 1