What a week

Airehead

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

What did you get for your $700?  Hopefully a few cool things!

A bottle of vodka and the warm feeling of doing good things. A glass of water sold for 10,000 dollars. A trip to Belize for only 4,000.  The auction was fun. 

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Airehead said:

A bottle of vodka and the warm feeling of doing good things. A glass of water sold for 10,000 dollars. A trip to Belize for only 4,000.  The auction was fun. 

As a skating fan, I feel the need to point out that Olympian Michelle Kwan is the current ambassador to Belize. :nodhead:  She has an undergrad degree in International Studies and a masters from Tufts in International Relations.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Kirby said:

As a skating fan, I feel the need to point out that Olympian Michelle Kwan is the current ambassador to Belize. :nodhead:  She has an undergrad degree in International Studies and a masters from Tufts in International Relations.

Do you know Shelia Thelan?

6 hours ago, Kirby said:

No, but I looked her up and she's had an impressive career.

She was one of the people at school this week. We were discussing slow rotation spin therapy for kids with disabilities.  We may do a research study with NIH using her equipment. 

• Heart 2

On 6/8/2023 at 10:16 PM, Airehead said:

Just got home from my 4th consecutive 15 hour day. Tonight was our special fundraising dinner and auction. $700 later, I am home. 

That’s a lot. I hope your Friday was more relaxed.

I’ve been doing 12-15+ work days most days since my former partner left in December. yesterday I had an 11 hour day, it seemed so nice to be leaving at 6 pm! And fortunately I don’t have to pay anyone $700 for the opportunity to work late!

• Heart 1