A sandwich is just a sandwich

Except when it’s not. I learned today about the Gym Shoe Sandwich while I was browsing for corned beef ideas. According to Serious Eats, the gym shoe sandwich is a Chicago thing that mashes an Italian beef, a gyro, and corned beef into one submarine. Besides the meats, there is lettuce, giardiniera and tzatziki sauce. Sounds interesting to me but I’m not traveling to Chicago just to try it out. Discus. https://www.seriouseats.com/standing-room-only-in-search-of-the-gym-shoe

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Doesn't even seem a bit appetizing to me.

I'm with you.  It might be something you have to see, smell, or taste to appreciate?  Just saying meat + meat + meat + a couple sauces doesn't get me too charged up.

__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__conte

I do love a gyro, though.

There are so many new, great ideas that keep coming along with sandwiches and submarines!

And "little things mean a lot" definitely applies!

In some cases, subbing salsa or A1-sauce for ketchup as a condiment makes a major difference.

Sometimes it's the type of cheese.

Sometimes it's making the meat hot.

By the way, if you like Subway's sub's, you get it cheaper when you order online.  Through today (Feb 28th) it's 20% off any 6" or 12" sub. Most of the time, it's either by-one-get-one-free or 50% off a 2nd 12" sub.  I get two subs every month or two.

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

There are so many new, great ideas that keep coming along with sandwiches and submarines!

And "little things mean a lot" definitely applies!

In some cases, subbing salsa or A1-sauce for ketchup as a condiment makes a major difference.

Sometimes it's the type of cheese.

Sometimes it's making the meat hot.

By the way, if you like Subway's sub's, you get it cheaper when you order online.  Through today (Feb 28th) it's 20% off any 6" or 12" sub. Most of the time, it's either by-one-get-one-free or 50% off a 2nd 12" sub.  I get two subs every month or two.

Local Subway does not honor the ads sent in the mail, not sure what they would do with the online offer.