My Coffee Grinder Broke

Razors Edge
Go to solution Solved by jsharr,

Just now, Dottleshead said:

WTF??  Now I've got to get some food too?  OK.  I'm opting for Seven Sundays cereal w/ macadamia nut milk.  

FWIW, this bread is meh. Way too many raisins, too crumbly, the top crust has separated from the loaf (probably from too high a baking soda to powder ratio), and it leaves a metallic taste. I would have been satisfied with just the tea.

• Hugs 1

Just now, MoseySusan said:

FWIW, this bread is meh. Way too many raisins, too crumbly, the top crust has separated from the loaf (probably from too high a baking soda to powder ratio), and it leaves a metallic taste. I would have been satisfied with just the tea.

Maybe you should start a bread snob thread?  This is the coffee snob thread.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, jsharr said:

But they are noisy and the grinding process creates static electricity, which can get a bit messy.

A fritz of water on the beans before grinding solves that!

11 minutes ago, jsharr said:

There is no such thing as a stupid question.  I only recently learned about burr grinders.  Let's talk him into buying one then figuring out how noisy and messy they are!  

And clearly, like my man James points out, not all burr grinders are "equal".  :frantics:  That being said, since I eschew espresso and the super fussy fine grind those require, my chunky grind is fine from my far-from-optimal burr grinder.

Bladed "coffee" grinders are really "spice" grinders in my house.  They're pretty good for that.

On 3/14/2024 at 2:38 PM, Razors Edge said:

The new grinder is up and running. I'm not a savage, man!  Amazon delivered before I was even awake today!

So what did you end up with?  The Lego Smasher 7000 XL (xtra loud)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

So what did you end up with?  The Lego Smasher 7000 XL (xtra loud)

Another Krups. Relatively cheap ($50) and arrived the next day.  Better power button than the old one, so hopefully that doesn't go bad like on the older ones.

?context=bWFzdGVyfGltYWdlc3wxNTcwNTF8aW1

3 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

I think I'd like to try one of them hand grinders

I can't say I would want to crank my coffee every day.  Seems like a PITA.

3 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

sweet, how's it working oot?

Still finishing up the ground bag I bought when it broke.  Probably later this week the new grinder will step into action.

• Like 1