So after 2 weeks with the CX30

groupw

@ChrisL It is still a cable connection. I saw something online about an adapter to make Bluetooth work on CarPlay. It was before I bought this car so of course I can’t find it at the moment. I will need to make sure it’s compatible with the control knob system in the Mazdas. 

• Thank You 1

15 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Did Mazda connect Car Play via Bluetooth or do you still need a cable?  

Our Honda CRV connects Car Play by Bluetooth. mr gets frustrated when it finds my phone instead of his. 

• Heart 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Shu Fang said:

Yea man, they look freak'in awesome.   I thought about Mazda when looking for the RAV4 but I didn't like the Mazda's transmission.

Couch

It’s a love it or hate it thing. Yeah 6 Spd is dated but their tranny’s are bulletproof so they stick with it. 

13 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

It’s a love it or hate it thing. Yeah 6 Spd is dated but their tranny’s are bulletproof so they stick with it. 

I thought it was a CVT.  If it's an older and dependable auto, then yea....it's good to go.

I really like the way they look.  I love the older Mazda engines.  I have fond memories of some of my older Fords, which used Mazda power plants.

Couch

• Heart 1

27 minutes ago, Shu Fang said:

I thought it was a CVT.  If it's an older and dependable auto, then yea....it's good to go.

I really like the way they look.  I love the older Mazda engines.  I have fond memories of some of my older Fords, which used Mazda power plants.

Couch

Yeah. It’s an old 6-speed with one of the best manual modes I have experienced. 

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, groupw said:

Yeah. It’s an old 6-speed with one of the best manual modes I have experienced. 

Yeah, our son says its weird to feel our 6 speed 250 HPish Mazdas shift after driving in his 10 speed 400 HP Lincoln Aviator. :dontknow:

32 mpg would be great. I wanted Mrs to get the CX30 but she opted for the CX5 instead. Great car, but with the turbo I think shes lucky to be getting 26 mpg the way she drives it. Thats only a few better then my CX9. And now that we've got a place 275 miles up North, with plans to drive up every other weekend, I'm thinking I'll need to replace my tired "Old Blue" 12 year old, high mileage Mazda3 and get "a newer" low mileage fuel efficient car for the commutes. At least when I'm not towing the trailer up. :unsure:

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, team scooter said:

Yeah, our son says its weird to feel our 6 speed 250 HPish Mazdas shift after driving in his 10 speed 400 HP Lincoln Aviator. :dontknow:

32 mpg would be great. I wanted Mrs to get the CX30 but she opted for the CX5 instead. Great car, but with the turbo I think shes lucky to be getting 26 mpg the way she drives it. Thats only a few better then my CX9. And now that we've got a place 275 miles up North, with plans to drive up every other weekend, I'm thinking I'll need to replace my tired "Old Blue" 12 year old, high mileage Mazda3 and get "a newer" low mileage fuel efficient car for the commutes. At least when I'm not towing the trailer up. :unsure:

My commute used to be 60 miles round trip with about 56 of it freeway.  I was getting about 29 MPG with my 2.5 Turbo CX 5.  My current commute is 16 miles round trip, about 10 of it freeway and my fuel economy has really dropped to about 24.5 with the higher % of street driving.  I am using less fuel overall so bonus but my MPG really took a hit. 

• Heart 3

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

My commute used to be 60 miles round trip with about 56 of it freeway.  I was getting about 29 MPG with my 2.5 Turbo CX 5.  My current commute is 16 miles round trip, about 10 of it freeway and my fuel economy has really dropped to about 24.5 with the higher % of street driving.  I am using less fuel overall so bonus but my MPG really took a hit. 

Mine would be higher without the gridlock that we have entering and leaving Maricopa with the current construction. It should make things better in the near future, but pretty horrible at the moment. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

My Mazda 3 used to get close to 40+ mpg when we commuted over 100 miles per day, 65 plus mph average. Now that I drive it less than 20 miles per day, less than 30 mph average, I'm getting aboot 28ish mpg. :angry:

• Hugs 2