Are the Dallas Cowboys going to the Super Bowl yet?

Dottleshead

This article says it all.  The rest of us can see it, and the Dallas fan base can see it but they're stuck backing the product I guess.  Jerry Jones is a business man.  As long as he gets that stadium filled, that's his main purpose.  I can't fault him for that.  But believing anything he says is laughable.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/what-dallas-cowboys-jerry-jones-prediction-really-means-all-in-out-free-agency-dak-prescott

6 hours ago, Dottleshead said:

I mean we're only like 4 months away from training camp.  I'm sure JJ has already proclaimed a Super Bowl roster and that his 'Boys are going to the Super Bowl.  Must be.

Maybe as spectators..  :) 

6 hours ago, Dottleshead said:

As long as he gets that stadium filled, that's his main purpose

Same as the Maple Leafs.  Stands are loaded with corporate money and they sell more merch than any other team.  They have an underserved loyal fanbase so why pay to win when making first round playoffs on rare occasion pulls in the highest revenue in the league? 

• Awesome 1

It isn't like the Cowboy, and Maple Leafs for that matter, haven't been spending.  Both teams are struggling with cap space.  I can't speak for Dallas but Toronto went all in on offense while ignoring defense and goaltending.

5 hours ago, Dottleshead said:

Cowboys are going all in!  

I was gonna say just that.

They will have to play the undefeated Browns, though, and we know it isn't possible to beat the undefeated Browns in the imaginary superbowl.

• Like 1

I look at the articles on NFL.com and EVERY team is saying how much better they are than before.

The Ravens lost most of their starting offensive line, some key defensive backs, WR's including Beckham, and lost RB Gus Edwards to free agency, but they're saying they got RB Derrick Henry so it will be a "nightmare" for other teams to plan defenses against the Ravens.

Even teams with losing records are saying how incredibly improved they are.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dottleshead said:

And still no @jsharr

Dallas has shit the bed on this season already.  I am afraid this is going to get really ugly.  I cannot believe that someone with the business acumen of Jerry Jones can be so bad at running a team.   His TV interviews are laughable, but each one means we are digging the hole that much deeeper.  Free agency gutted our offensive line.  Dak with no pass protection will turn into an interception machine if left unchecked.  I predict a 9-8 or 8-9 season.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Dallas has shit the bed on this season already.  I am afraid this is going to get really ugly.  I cannot believe that someone with the business acumen of Jerry Jones can be so bad at running a team.   His TV interviews are laughable, but each one means we are digging the hole that much deeeper.  Free agency gutted our offensive line.  Dak with no pass protection will turn into an interception machine if left unchecked.  I predict a 9-8 or 8-9 season.  

Thanks for making an appearance!  Always good to get inside scoop.

2 minutes ago, Dottleshead said:

Thanks for making an appearance!  Always good to get inside scoop.

I am going with Dallas and 10 wins, with another first-round goose egg.  We will see, though, sometimes fortune presents gifts not according to the book.  Glory hole looks pretty distant still, though.

16 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I cannot believe that someone with the business acumen of Jerry Jones can be so bad at running a team. 

Being good at finance and marketing doesn't mean he's good at drafting and contract management.  

For Dallas to be relevant, JJ needs to be more hands off and let the GM be the GM.

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Silly said:

Being good at finance and marketing doesn't mean he's good at drafting and contract management.  

For Dallas to be relevant, JJ needs to be more hands off and let the GM be the GM.

Will never happen as long as he is breathing.