So how long will it take to get my car fixed?

petitepedal

I got rear ended last summer.  Tiny hole in bumper, $2k in damage.  I never called my insurance company.  I called theris and asked where I pick up my rental.  They had my car for almost 2 weeks, I never saw a penny.

If you were not at fault, do not go through your insurance and insist on a rental.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I got rear ended last summer.  Tiny hole in bumper, $2k in damage.  I never called my insurance company.  I called theris and asked where I pick up my rental.  They had my car for almost 2 weeks, I never saw a penny.

If you were not at fault, do not go through your insurance and insist on a rental.

The dog I hit didn't have insurance. :(

Just now, Reverend_Maynard said:

Poor doggy.  If it had an owner, then they should be liable for your damages.

Yeah, the feller didn't make it. I do question the relative intelligence of running right down the middle of the road in the dark.

Middle of rural South Carolina, I was skeered. I swear I could hear the banjo playing when I got out to remove the splash guard from the wheel well.

Just now, 2Far said:

Yeah, the feller didn't make it. I do question the relative intelligence of running right down the middle of the road in the dark.

Middle of rural South Carolina, I was skeered. I swear I could hear the banjo playing when I got out to remove the splash guard from the wheel well.

Just happy to escape the area with your life, huh?

Be careful that your next thread isn't titled "So how long will it take to get my car fixed right?".  Insurance companies will usually want to have the repair done by someone with a spray can of some color that looks close to the same color in bad light to save some money.

6 hours ago, jdc2000 said:

Be careful that your next thread isn't titled "So how long will it take to get my car fixed right?".  Insurance companies will usually want to have the repair done by someone with a spray can of some color that looks close to the same color in bad light to save some money.

Good point.  For my bumper, I insisted it go back to Toyota.  The other guys insurance was Progressive.  They could not have been more helpful.  They called me regularly to let me know the progress and assure me everything would be taken care of.

A deer (he didn't have insurance either) ran into the side of my truck, causing $3500 in damages. it was repaired within eight days of the encounter. To speed the process, I just went with one of the local body shops with a good reputation, recommended by the insurance company. All was well. Interestingly, I later gave that truck to my son, who eventually sold it to the guy that owned the body shop, (who remembered it), and bought it for his son. 

• 8 years later...