....and mutton was served that evening....

31 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

That don't look real to me but if it was and I had anything to do about it, hell yeah.  And i'd hang that f'rs head on a post for near the pen so all of the sheep can see what happens when you ram a human.  

And then I'd geld all of that ram's kids, in front of those sheep to top it off for good measure.

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, Further said:

Hey Sheep_herder, you ever get attacked ? 

Yes, a few times, but nothing as bad as shown here.  I was hit in the back one night as I was feeding horses in a small pasture.  It took me awhile to realize what had happened and get up off the ground and out of the area.  There have also been times when rams have taken offense to us working with ewes on the ground and have walked up and tried to head butt us.  I took one pretty hard lick from one of the old boys in this type of setting.  One of our current rams has had his moments, but one day I challenged him and changed his mind, and so far he is a changed soul.:whistle: I still do not totally trust him, but so far so good.  Most of the 'bad' ones go down the road.

Many years ago we had a truly hateful Angora billy goat.  He could climbed fences and go anywhere on the place.  We kept him only because he clicked so well with our does and produced the most beautiful and handsome kids that we had ever raised on our place.  He would stalk my wife and go so far as to get her on a trailer and stand and try and beat her legs with his horns.  I offered to get rid of him, but she kept him until one day, that he would not let her into the corral to check on does.  She called, and I finally had to put him down.

You encounter all kinds if you are in the business for a 'long' time.  One just hopes the encounters are not deadly or too damaging.

• Heart 2