June 20 miles & such

Parsnip Totin Jack

Haha, about fifteen miles on the road bike. Wholly cow does that thing handle different than my touring bike.  I'm going to switch out the road pedals and put some SPDs on there with pedal spacers. I've had that road bike on the trainer for five years and never noticed how different it handled. :scratchhead: My road shoes were always marginally tight on my feet but they felt horrible today.  I have lots of mountain bike shoes with SPD cleats that fit me well.  I think after a few changes I will like the road bike again.  The new tires are nice.  I'll give my new seat a few more miles but it's probably going to be switched out. I had a wicked headwind for part of the ride and the aero bars really seemed to make a difference. I rode just long enough to get helmet hair.

Edit: I just noticed in this picture you can see the lump on my left shoulder from all the tendons that pulled loose on the crash this spring.  I still find it hard to believe they are going to leave it like that.

IMG_2030.JPG

• Heart 4

10 hours ago, petitepedal said:

However...I have a blister from pushing the pace...a common issue for me when I start working this kind of pace.

That's not from pushing the pace, that's from wearing those "big girl shoes" with the 7" heels. Next time wear walking shoes. :whistle:

• Heart 1

32 @ 18.7 temp had dropped to 93 by the start of the ride. Just enough of a wind that a few riders overheated and turned back early.  Average would have been closer to 20, but we had to re-route when a stopped train blocked our usual path near the end of the ride. 

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, groupw said:

32 @ 18.7 temp had dropped to 93 by the start of the ride. Just enough of a wind that a few riders overheated and turned back early.  Average would have been closer to 20, but we had to re-route when a stopped train blocked our usual path near the end of the ride. 

Ugh, way too hot!

My daughter has been walking a lot, and she has had to deal with a parked train lately too! Frustrating.

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:24 AM, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

None yet. Going out at lunch to do the Evil Thing. Hills & Stairs today.

Oh crap. I saw "Evil," and my mind went straight to Evil bikes. (F_in Ray has an F_in Wreckoning??!!) I was suuuuuper jealous for a moment. Now, not so much.