Strava did it again

Dirtyhip

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

Strava is the political arm of the Peoples Republic of Bikeistan and as such bends the accomplishments of outsiders in order to make it's people look better in the eyes of the world.

I use enmondo to track my kayak fishing trips. I just want to see how many miles I paddle. It gives me congratulations for setting a new record, five hours fishing, way to go. Last week it was congratulating me for the longest time on the water in August. They are not stingy with their gold medals either, I suspect it's not real gold.:rolleyes:

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Tonight, no gold crown.  Just a gold PR.  Ist out of 15 on Sunrise. :speedy:

Is usually lists QOM.  Not sure why this keeps happening to me.  This is the twilight zone.

Is there a downhill aspect to it?  I think they have killed off awarding some new downhill awards even if they already exist.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Is there a downhill aspect to it?  I think they have killed off awarding some new downhill awards even if they already exist.

This ^  they quit giving KOMs after the big bru ha ha when the guy killed himself trying to get his downhill record back and the liberals blamed Strava for his death.

7 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Is usually lists QOM.  Not sure why this keeps happening to me.

Is it more important to you that you, yourself, know where your fitness stands - or more important to you that other people know where your fitness stands relative to theirs?

If it's the former then I'd stop using Strava to reduce frustration and find another app without the apparent glitches.

If it's the latter, then it would be important enough for me to invest the time contacting Strava to iron out the bugs.

3 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Strava is the political arm of the Peoples Republic of Bikeistan and as such bends the accomplishments of outsiders in order to make it's people look better in the eyes of the world.

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

This ^  they quit giving KOMs after the big bru ha ha when the guy killed himself trying to get his downhill record back and the liberals blamed Strava for his death.

As predicted, one of their agents has happened along at the first sign of discontent, armed with a tale of it being someone else's fault.  :whistle:

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

No, wrong.  They still give them to you.  I got one last week.  Nice gold crown on a DH segment.  Also, DH segments still list on the QOM list, of which mine is 8 pages long of both tyoes.

What they don't do is send you notifications, when you lose one for DH segments. That is the only change that strava made.  This is a glitch.

3 hours ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Is it more important to you that you, yourself, know where your fitness stands - or more important to you that other people know where your fitness stands relative to theirs?

If it's the former then I'd stop using Strava to reduce frustration and find another app without the apparent glitches.

If it's the latter, then it would be important enough for me to invest the time contacting Strava to iron out the bugs.

Some of my rivals on following me.  QOMs stand out, but she still probably noticed. However, you have to open it, unless you know what the best times are.

Typo above, it was Southie segment.  I have widdling that time down bit by bit.  Last night, I put my big girl DH pants on and rode super aggressive.  like leaning the bike way over in the corners and hanging off the back.  I didn't even go for the jump, to reserve a couple seconds.  I got it by 2 seconds. 

• Heart 1

Strava does weird things. Last year I demolished a 10 mile segment for what should have been the KOM by over 30 seconds. Even though Strava would recognize it as my PR, it would never give me the KOM. 

This year I had a great ride and came within 2 seconds of my PR. I am now the KOM with my 2nd fastest time. I am actually more proud of the more recent time because I didn't have near as much tailwind this time.