So, did you take the job, and what is the story?

Randomguy

I took the job @51 yrs. and relocated to another province (it is not a place I would consider top personal choice to live in Canada).  That was awhile ago. for sure, I'm so glad for myself was NOT in the oil and gas sector since this sector busted thereafter.  I did my share working in the private sector for several firms elsewhere and gained great experience.

For every single or childless especially young person, I would recommend this:  be not afraid to move from your home / birth town for jobs.  Nothing is forever...you aren't bound to the new job location for the rest of your life. But a lot of people think they are and start complaining when they can't find a job after 12 months.

Of three options, two of which were unsolicited, yes, I did.  It isn't as exciting as the previous job but it allows a lot more free time. For the first time in 20 years, I have no management duties so I just show up to fly.  This will take some adjusting but my new coworkers say, "don't make anything more work than it needs to be".  Such is life with a large corporation. :) 

• Heart 1