Happy Monday

Kzoo

29 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

It could be worse!  Quiet here because the salmon have returned to Capistrano (the summer interns are gone). :D

I ran into similar yesterday in a big box store near UCONN.  The students had moved in over the weekend and they were out in droves buying such unfamiliar things as mops and laundry detergent.  Listening in on conversations as to the quality and value of those things was hilarious.  Some were buying Spam in case the college food offerings were unsuitable.  :nodhead:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

Monday is dumb.  We need a day between Sunday and Monday that would help ease into the week.  

Our company is doing that on a trial basis next week. No one has to come in next Monday. If it catches on they’ll do it every First Monday of September. 

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

What is the occasion on Saturday?

Pedal the Lakes is a bicycle tour beginning in Greenville, PA. It has multiple distances for all abilities and visits many of northwestern Pennsylvania's and Ohio's waterways and lakes.

Within a ninety minute drive from Erie, Cleveland and Pittsburgh, our full-service tour in beautiful Western PA and NE Ohio features Amish countryside, several lakes, rolling rural roads, and a chance siting of ducks walking on fish. Routes will be 12, 32, 65, and 100 miles. Support vehicles patrol the course, but bikes should be in good working order. Riders are encouraged to bring tubes, patches, tools, pumps, etc. Helmets are required.

WE RIDE RAIN OR SHINE!
I plan on doing the 65 mile ride plus five to give me my 70 birthday miles. If I was in better shape I would just do the century (they make a very tough century, they figure anyone doing the century must be hard core).
  • Heart 1