Whoopsy

late

Whoops is a high tech fitness tracker. This is not like the other ones, at least not like the ones I know about. With the exception of EPOC (which is similar).

Doubt I will be able to get one any time soon, but definitely something to keep an eye on.

15 minutes ago, late said:

Whoops is a high tech fitness tracker. This is not like the other ones, at least not like the ones I know about. With the exception of EPOC (which is similar).

Doubt I will be able to get one any time soon, but definitely something to keep an eye on.

Probably should just expand your research a bit?  I opted against getting a Whoop.  Not a fan of their subscription model.

I believe an Apple Watch track HRV now, and the Apple Watch is far more multi-functional than a  Whoop. :(

But, yes, Whoop is interesting, but seems like just not "good enough" or high enough on a bang-for-your-buck ranking - which means SW might like one :D

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Probably should just expand your research a bit?  I opted against getting a Whoop.  Not a fan of their subscription model.

I believe an Apple Watch track HRV now, and the Apple Watch is far more multi-functional than a  Whoop. :(

But, yes, Whoop is interesting, but seems like just not "good enough" or high enough on a bang-for-your-buck ranking - which means SW might like one :D

The Apple watch doesn't have the analytics Whoop does to guide you. You do that on your own. One of the things I like about EPOC is that it will tell you the type of workout you need to do. I imagine Whoop does that, at least given their emphasis on analytics, it should.

1 minute ago, late said:

The Apple watch doesn't have the analytics Whoop does to guide you. You do that on your own. One of the things I like about EPOC is that it will tell you the type of workout you need to do. I imagine Whoop does that, at least given their emphasis on analytics, it should.

They have to have some "depth" to what they are offering, for sure.  I'm more in line with the "whatever extra they are offering is likely overkill for 99% of us and the 1% who can benefit from it might be better served having a coach doing it for us instead."  But I do love the tech, the numbers, and history over a long period of time to really help me visualize how much things change - better or worse - as I age and vary my routines.

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

They have to have some "depth" to what they are offering, for sure.  I'm more in line with the "whatever extra they are offering is likely overkill for 99% of us and the 1% who can benefit from it might be better served having a coach doing it for us instead."  But I do love the tech, the numbers, and history over a long period of time to really help me visualize how much things change - better or worse - as I age and vary my routines.

I am very susceptible to overtraining, so that depth would help me avoid half killing myself.

A coach would be close to useless for me.

• Heart 1

34 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Yet a "watch"/"fitness device" would help????  That seems backwards.

I have no doubt it would be for a lot of people.

Just not me. I am so far from structured rides it isn't funny. I just ride, and I would like to know when my goose is getting cooked.

4 hours ago, roadsue said:

My Garmin tracks Vo2 max. It says I have the fitness level of a 50 year old. I’m 52. Ner...... 

The Garmin's VO2 max metric is one I wonder about.  I have never "trained" for it, and don't really know how Garmin calculates it, so I wonder if I should be working on it or if it has relatively little value to me as a non-racer.  It has held steady over the past year, according to the Web, is likely to start going down over time.  Maybe I will hit the purple zone before then(!) but I'm happy enough where it is now. And, as I am going try out the Wahoo Elemnt soon, I'll have to see if it exports to Garmin directly, or I'll need to do some workarounds. It is surprising Strava doesn't seem to have VO2 Max. It may be Garmin device specific :(

image.png.05d514e9228fa4c408255d8d10dfef7c.png