So who wants to come over and help?

Indy

New spark plugs and coil packs this weekend going on the truck.  After talking to several people, got the process down and apparently it is required to sit around and drink beer for an hour or so.

Can I bang on it with a hammer? 

No, spark plugs already have a nasty habit of breaking off in the engine, which is why you have to sit around and drink beer why you want for the carburetor cleaner to loosen them up before trying to completely remove them.  I had to buy a $70 tool to remove broken spark plugs and I hope I don't have to use it, but everyone says you don't do the job with out one.

Sometimes mechanical projects go better if you drink the beer after the project is done.  I learned this a long time ago when I rebuilt the brakes on my 63 Olds.  Wasn't too bad, car was still up on jack stands when I discovered I had left out all of the wheel cylinder pistons when I rebuilt the wheel cylinders.

• Heart 1

New spark plugs and coil packs this weekend going on the truck.  After talking to several people, got the process down and apparently it is required to sit around and drink beer for an hour or so.

The problem I had when I worked on my vehicles was that I would open a beer, get all the tools laid out while I was drinking the beer, then I would decide screw that, and sit around drinking beer and watching the tools hoping they would somehow magically do the work for me.  Then the next day I would have to do the work with a hangover.  I quit working on my cars.  Now I just sit and drink beer and reminisce about when I used to work on them.  :special:

The problem I had when I worked on my vehicles was that I would open a beer, get all the tools laid out while I was drinking the beer, then I would decide screw that, and sit around drinking beer and watching the tools hoping they would somehow magically do the work for me.  Then the next day I would have to do the work with a hangover.  I quit working on my cars.  Now I just sit and drink beer and reminisce about when I used to work on them.  :special:

And put roughs on your rough, make insanely large footers, ....

Sometimes mechanical projects go better if you drink the beer after the project is done.  I learned this a long time ago when I rebuilt the brakes on my 63 Olds.  Wasn't too bad, car was still up on jack stands when I discovered I had left out all of the wheel cylinder pistons when I rebuilt the wheel cylinders.

That's why it's important to know when to open the beer.  On this job, you just unseat the spark plugs, spray some penetrating oil and carb cleaner down in the holes around them and then pop open the beer.  Longer it sits like that, the better, so if you drink to much and don't get back to it until the next day, things should go smoother.

I am useless with tools.  However, I am great company.

I could hand you tools and offer witty and interesting conversation..