Today's challenge (long)

petitepedal

15 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

IMO Verizon and Comcast/Xfinity are basically good companies with the absolute worst business model for customer service that it's possible for any company to have and still be in business.

It's a total crap shoot. Sometimes you get the person who "knows their shit" and other times you get the person who "doesn't know shit".  I find Comcast a bit better than Verizon, but they both are relatively poor overall.  I chalk it up mainly to the massive volume of customer service they must have per day.  Mind-boggling, actually.  I wonder what businesses have more customer service calls than those two??? I can't think of any.

6 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

It's a total crap shoot. Sometimes you get the person who "knows their shit" and other times you get the person who "doesn't know shit".  I find Comcast a bit better than Verizon, but they both are relatively poor overall.  I chalk it up mainly to the massive volume of customer service they must have per day.  Mind-boggling, actually.  I wonder what businesses have more customer service calls than those two??? I can't think of any.

I have Comcast and I chalk it up to an untrained call center staff in Texas working through a decision tree in the big blue book in front of themselves while reading and speaking in English is not their first choice.

Great story!

When I was having trouble with Verizon setting up my Fios triple-option in my apartment, I got nowhere on the phone. I drove to the Verizon store a few miles away three times and THEY got it set up for a technician to come out the next day.  He identified that what looked like a phone outlet in my living room had been converted to a phone-connecter-shaped ethernet plug and soon had me fixed.  He left me with the REAL phone number to get technical help if something came up.

• Heart 2