People suck

Dirtyhip

Someone was cleaning out their car and dumped a bunch of trash by my favorite trailhead.  I called the cops on that jerk.  He saw me and I turned up on a trail and then dialed.  If they showed up, it is likely he knew it was me who called on his stupid ass.  I memorized his license plate and gave a good description of his make and model of vehicle.  

Ironically he had this big windshield sticker with an american flag, like he loves America.  Sure.  Just dump your trash all over America.

GRRRRRRR!!!!  Kinda angry. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

People do suck.  I am sure the earth is an inch deeper in just cigarette filters.  

He emptied his ashtray on the ground too.  %&$@!

I think he knows I dropped a dime on him.  Hopefully, he doesn't recognize me and run me off the road someday.  

• Heart 1

My husband and I are in contact with city parks very often.  We coordinate about projects, ideas, and reporting issues like these.

We offered to go clean it up today, but were told that they would send a city employee up there, immediately.  

There are a few home projects we are doing and don't really want to clean up trash today.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Just out of curiosity, did you tell the parks director you called the cops?  It bothers me a bit if the Police told the parks director who filed a complaint. 

Yes.  I did tell him.  We called and told him about the situation that happened and that I called the cops.  Then, we told the director we would clean it up today, if need be.

• Heart 1

On 5/27/2020 at 1:17 PM, Dirtyhip said:

Someone was cleaning out their car and dumped a bunch of trash by my favorite trailhead.  I called the cops on that jerk.  He saw me and I turned up on a trail and then dialed.  If they showed up, it is likely he knew it was me who called on his stupid ass.  I memorized his license plate and gave a good description of his make and model of vehicle.  

Ironically he had this big windshield sticker with an american flag, like he loves America.  Sure.  Just dump your trash all over America.

GRRRRRRR!!!!  Kinda angry. 

Well done!  Amazing how people think loving the concept of America alone not continually doing things to nurture it still means they are patriotic.  But, as a retired teacher, I've noted that our high schools are basically forbidden to teach students that they have any obligation to do things to nourish the society we're in. Is it any wonder that so many people are repulsed by the thought of going out of their way to help people?

I've often said that our motto E Pluribus Unum - From Many, One - should be replaced by "Me! Me! Me First!"