I’ve lost my taste for veggie omelettes

Ralphie

Made one today for the first time in a month or so and it fell a little flat. I overcooked it was probably the main reason.  But I’ve just sort of lost my taste for eggz in general. Or maybe it was the dryness of being overcooked. 

In other low key news, ruby won’t come in oot of the incredibly humid outside. I love the patio too, but this is nuts!  There is an occasional slight breeze is the only saving grace  

• Heart 1

I haven't done an omelette or scrambled eggs in a while - maybe scrambled tomorrow.

I usually don't go full-veggies with the extras, cutting up a couple Brown N Serve-type chicken sausage links into little circles and adding them along with onion slices. chunky salsa, sharp cheddar cheese and garlic salt.

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, Dottles said:

Now I want a tasty veggie omelette.

Well good thing I am 3000 miles away then. :D

I have a hard time keeping the heat low enough not to brown an omelette.  Maybe I am just too impatient.

I should just stick with scrambled eggs - a helluvalot easier and quicker.

I don't make omelettes.  I just scramble eggs into sauteed cut veggies.  Tends to be slightly moist which is how I like it.  There is another name:  egg foo young. You can jazz it up with a tiny touch of soy sauce, hot sauce in the veggies or put in basil before put in egg mixture.

To me it's an handy dish for supper with other stuff. I don't put any cheese in my version.  At home, we never make it for breakfast. I'm more accustomed to it as a non-breakfast dish because to me, it's heavier.