Jump to content

9/4/20 miles and stuffs


Philander Seabury
 Share

Recommended Posts

Most of my posts extol the virtues of riding in the morning. Watching the sun rise slowly in the eastern sky. The moon, in its phases, setting in the west. Most rides started at 5:30 am. Not many cars out. Rides with Carol start later at 7:00 as she is not an early riser. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Old No. 7 said:

Most of my posts extol the virtues of riding in the morning. Watching the sun rise slowly in the eastern sky. The moon, in its phases, setting in the west. Most rides started at 5:30 am. Not many cars out. Rides with Carol start later at 7:00 as she is not an early riser. 

No, that is TOO early. :D By early I mean 930. :)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

No, that is TOO early. :D By early I mean 930. :)

Ha!  I'm with you.

I thought I would get up early today (6am), have my coffee and breakfast, and get a ride in before work (leaving the house ~7am).  No EFFIN WAY!  Bagged that idea, slept until 7:30, and rode at lunch (shorter ride), and am much happier with that :D

On weekends, it is often the same thing - optimistically think "get out early" - and then get smacked in the face by reality.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Ha!  I'm with you.

I thought I would get up early today (6am), have my coffee and breakfast, and get a ride in before work (leaving the house ~7am).  No EFFIN WAY!  Bagged that idea, slept until 7:30, and rode at lunch (shorter ride), and am much happier with that :D

On weekends, it is often the same thing - optimistically think "get out early" - and then get smacked in the face by reality.

Ever since I had to start getting up for work at O dark thirty from 2012 on, I can’t drag myself oot of bed on non-work days before aboot 8 am. It sucks because I am basically a morning person, or at least I used to be. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Ever since I had to start getting up for work at O dark thirty from 2012 on, I can’t drag myself oot of bed on non-work days before aboot 8 am. It sucks because I am basically a morning person, or at least I used to be. 

I'm still sort of a morning person, but I have to walk the dog as soon as I get up (could be up to 45 minutes), then I have to have coffee (relaxed two cups with some food), and then, if all goes well, I take care of a little "business".  THEN I am ready get started towards going for a ride.  I hate the "events" I do that have a start time of like 7am which require me to cram all that prep stuff (except the dog walk) into the oh-dark-thirty time frame :angry:

  • Awesome 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Is Carol an imaginary friend, concubine, or wife?

None of the above. Carol’s two daughters went to high school with So7. They were all in marching band. Carol was one of several band parents we hung out with for four years. Carol rides with a group who does team in training rides all over the country. I ride with them once every few years. She wanted someone to ride with on weekday mornings but 5:30 was too early. We settled on 7:00. I don’t look for trouble so she’s just someone I ride with.

  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...