More emails without a clue

12string

"Send me a screen shot of PO#123, I need to see if the payment for that is for proposal 789"

OK, but 123 is the vendor's ID number, not a PO#, and 789 is an invoice, not a proposal, and there's no invoice number on a PO, there can't be an invoice until after a PO.  But I had been talking to the vendor, I knew what the problem was, so I forwarded him the email saying the vendor got $nn in his bank account Tuesday for Invoice 789.

"I asked you to send me a screenshot, how do I know if he got paid the right amount for the right job"

Next up, he forwarded an email from manufacturing.  They have some old revision 6 product and revision 8 product, they need US to tell THEM if we can still use them even though the latest product is revision 12.  So he wanted me to list the changes.

I gave him detailed differences between 6 and 12 are; differences between 8 and 12 are....... all he needs to know to tell them to scrap the product.

"That's not what I wanted, they need to know the difference between 6 and 8 so they can decide what to do with the product!!!"

Somehow I'm the moron in all this..... But at least it's entertaining, and he won't fire me for giving him correct information because he hasn't a clue how to get any of it himself.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, 12string said:

"Send me a screen shot of PO#123, I need to see if the payment for that is for proposal 789"

OK, but 123 is the vendor's ID number, not a PO#, and 789 is an invoice, not a proposal, and there's no invoice number on a PO, there can't be an invoice until after a PO.  But I had been talking to the vendor, I knew what the problem was, so I forwarded him the email saying the vendor got $nn in his bank account Tuesday for Invoice 789.

"I asked you to send me a screenshot, how do I know if he got paid the right amount for the right job"

Next up, he forwarded an email from manufacturing.  They have some old revision 6 product and revision 8 product, they need US to tell THEM if we can still use them even though the latest product is revision 12.  So he wanted me to list the changes.

I gave him detailed differences between 6 and 12 are; differences between 8 and 12 are....... all he needs to know to tell them to scrap the product.

"That's not what I wanted, they need to know the difference between 6 and 8 so they can decide what to do with the product!!!"

Somehow I'm the moron in all this..... But at least it's entertaining, and he won't fire me for giving him correct information because he hasn't a clue how to get any of it himself.

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public. - H.L. Mencken, Baltimore Sun

A friend of mine was the purchasing agent for her company and when she went on vacation she left explanation sheets on how to fill out purchase orders. On them she wrote, "Fill in the account number you're using: for example 12345."

She came back in a week and all of the orders were charged to account 12345.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, 12string said:

Does your boss have pointy hair?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, MickinMD said:

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public. - H.L. Mencken, Baltimore Sun

A friend of mine was the purchasing agent for her company and when she went on vacation she left explanation sheets on how to fill out purchase orders. On them she wrote, "Fill in the account number you're using: for example 12345."

She came back in a week and all of the orders were charged to account 12345.

Priceless. :)