"We noticed suspicious activity on your Card account."

Razors Edge

...is the text and e-mail I received AFTER my card was declined on a foreign website.  I just switched to another card and the transaction went through. Then, about ten minutes later, I noticed my phone had that text message notification - and when I replied I HAD wanted the transaction to go through (1 for yes, 2 for no), they (the auto reply) said to try again.  No need at that point obviously. They also sent an e-mail - I saw that an hour later.  Sure, it is nice to have active fraud detection, but a royal PITA to have it be so off on its detection algorithm.

• Heart 2

Recently I received an email about my credit card having an issue with a large purchase. The amount was within 10% of what I had used it for the day before. I almost clicked on the link, but thought twice. Good thing that I did as it was a fraud and probably a coincidence that the amounts were close.

I've been having issues with Amazon if I make multiple purchases in the same day. The second, third, etc., purchases have trouble with my credit card. I think it's due to using credit card reward points which are automatically used up during the first purchase and then attempted to use again on the later purchases. 

3 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

When I paid for my bike I got a text message right away asking if it was me. I said it was and they said ok, just checking.

Yeah - that's nice if you have your phone with you, but my phone wasn't where I even noticed the message.  From their standpoint, it saved them a fraudulent activity claim. From my standpoint it made me ask WTF did I bother putting in the "extra" stuff like exp date and 3 digit code.  Isn't that supposed to "verify" things? And don't they keep a whitelist as well as a blacklist of good/low risk & bad/risky websites?

5 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

AFTER my card was declined on a foreign website.

Years ago when WoBG and I visited Canada, my credit card was declined when we were in a jewelry store buying WoBG a souvenir bracelet.  The shop owner let me call the credit card company and they told me I should have told them I was going to another country.  I learned to do that for other vacations outside the US.

Then there was the time... when we were at home and the CC company sent an email to WoBG explaining her credit card was declined for a purchase in Abu Dhabi.   Yeah she got a new card in a few days.