NFL Postseason thread

Former member

Well I truly have no dog in this fight, and I never thought I would hear myself say this...

But I am going to be pulling for the Pats.

I really like that Edleman fellow.  He seems to be a hell of a person.  And as much as I dislike him for always dismantling the Colts, Brady is a hell of a QB.  The Pats dominated that game and earned the way to a SB.  The Hawks hit a few lucky plays.  And their bandwagon fans that are now all over my FB feed are on my damn nerves. 

Now if the Pats had needed a Seahawkian comeback to win that game I'd probably have been too wound up to ever get to sleep last night.  Glad it was over early.

I can't imagine the "woulda coulda shouldas" that are echoing through the Packers' heads this morning.  

It will be interesting to see how well Seattle does in Arizona, with only 11 players.  ;)

Now if the Pats had needed a Seahawkian comeback to win that game I'd probably have been too wound up to ever get to sleep last night.  Glad it was over early.

I can't imagine the "woulda coulda shouldas" that are echoing through the Packers' heads this morning.  

It will be interesting to see how well Seattle does in Arizona, with only 11 players.  ;)

There is no Woulda Coulda Shouldas going down here... Us Cheese heads are better then that.. It is the West/East coasters that do not control themselves and start shit flying when their team does not win... We just drink more beer and look forward to next year! 

There is no Woulda Coulda Shouldas going down here... Us Cheese heads are better then that.. It is the West/East coasters that do not control themselves and start shit flying when their team does not win... We just drink more beer and look forward to next year! 

We'll torch cars and kill people even if we win.  Welcome to Boston.

We'll torch cars and kill people even if we win.  Welcome to Boston.

you only do that in Boston because you can not find your way around the city because your streets are so F'ed up!! 

I have been there... I have been there... being drunk in that city is very confusing! 

The Pats are being investigated for deflating footballs yesterday? hmm.. go figure.

DeflateGate?

Deflating footballs would theoretically have made it easier for Brady, who completed 23 of 35 passes for 226 yards and three touchdowns, to throw and for his receivers to catch in the bad weather of Sunday’s game in Foxboro. But it also should have benefited Colts' quarterback Andrew Luck, who had a miserable game, completing 12 of 33 passes for a mere 126 yards.

The margin of victory and the fact that the Colts used the same game balls make it unlikely the cheating, if it occurred, had much of an impact on the game’s outcome.

With all the momentum in the world, and trying to preserve a 22-19 lead, Seattle's vaunted defense let Rodgers & Co. breeze down the field for the tying FG relatively easily.  As I recall they picked up about 15 yards on each of the first three plays of that drive - including one run hobble by Rodgers himself.  They are vulnerable to a good passing game and the last I heard, New England has one.

edit:  I suppose that vaunted defense was pretty tired by that time - though I'd think in that situation adrenalin would help a lot.

Well, I hope the Patriots win.  They have a better coach and QB and and maybe the greatest tight end to ever play the game.  Additionally, the name, "Patriots", is a far better team name than "Seahawks".  The bird that the Seattle franchise uses to represent the "Seahawk" (which technically doesn't exist) is a augur hawk (also known as an augur buzzard).

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/14-fun-facts-about-sea-hawks-180949528/?no-ist

No offense, but I'm glad the Cowboys didn't make it to the SB.  The press coverage would have been beyond all known definitions of the word "sickening".  Just to have to look at and listen to Jerry Jones in the 7,842 news bites over the next two weeks would have caused me to have to kick in at least two or three TVs.

No offense, but I'm glad the Cowboys didn't make it to the SB.  The press coverage would have been beyond all known definitions of the word "sickening".  Just to have to look at and listen to Jerry Jones in the 7,842 news bites over the next two weeks would have caused me to have to kick in at least two or three TVs.

Can one kick in a flat screen LED tv or do you still have tube TV, you philistine?

I guess I'm the philistine.  The one TV in our living area is a 36" tube Sony that must weigh at least 200 pounds.

I just got rid of all of our tube TVs.  We too had a Sony WEGA that was around that size.  It took two grown men to move that thing.  We gave it away and the guy picked it up in a Jeep SUV.  It was so big that the hatch would not close on teh back.

I just got rid of all of our tube TVs.  We too had a Sony WEGA that was around that size.  It took two grown men to move that thing.  

Three of us (me, my 6'-3" dad and my 6'-6" brother) moved it in.  Like any tube TV all the weight's in the front and it's incredibly awkward.

I want to paint the room it's in, but I think I'd have to try to work around the thing.

• Heart 1

Well, I think for the most part you are right.  But our o-line was banged up and it showed.  Secondly, we have never played that chitty in a half -- for sure the first quarter -- than that game.  Fumbles and interceptions galore.  Most of them off deflected passes because But I'm not going to sugar coat it -- I thought GB was the better team that day.  Still, when you look at the stats -- we beat 'em in almost every aspect.  If you want to win in Seattle -- do what they did -- jump out to an early lead and capitalize on our mistakes.

But let's be honest here -- those kind of wins are why we watch. Who the eff cares about the Pats knocking the snot out of the Colts??  We expected it and it's boring.

Well, I think for the most part you are right.  But our o-line was banged up and it showed.  Secondly, we have never played that chitty in a half -- for sure the first quarter -- than that game.  Fumbles and interceptions galore.  Most of them off deflected passes because But I'm not going to sugar coat it -- I thought GB was the better team that day.  Still, when you look at the stats -- we beat 'em in almost every aspect.  If you want to win in Seattle -- do what they did -- jump out to an early lead and capitalize on our mistakes.

But let's be honest here -- those kind of wins are why we watch. Who the eff cares about the Pats knocking the snot out of the Colts??  We expected it and it's boring.

Seattle was lucky, and they pulled that out of their ass.

Don't expect to get so lucky again.

overconfidence is just one reason that Seattle will fail.

I don't have overconfidence.  We made the Stupor Bowl and I'm pretty happy.  It'd be great if we win -- but I'm not going to be crushed if we lose.  Again, I think Vegas has it right -- pretty much a pick 'em.  I'm not going to belittle your Pats because their a quality opponent.

Just so you know -- post #489 is how I really feel. But for the next two weeks -- I'm gonna bury that and talk smack because it's soooo much more fun.

typical of Seattle fans to act like the DBs that play for the team(Lynch and Sherman).

New England will do their "talking" on the gridiron. Well done is betterr than Well Said.

typical of Seattle fans to act like the DBs that play for the team(Lynch and Sherman).

New England will do their "talking" on the gridiron. Well done is betterr than Well Said.

We always knew this season was going to come down to this.  Pats and Seahawks.  First off, it's a 60 minute game Packers.  Bummer if you can't play a full 60 minutes and if it was because you choked -- bummer again.  Learn how to finish out a game.  You suck ass.  By the way, that same team that shredded the Patriots earlier this year lost to us twice.  Only a smug NE fan clinging to Brady's testicles would come up with a response like this.

By the way, Brandon Browner is a much, much bigger thug than Sherman.

We always knew this season was going to come down to this. Pats and Seahawks. First off, it's a 60 minute game Packers. Bummer if you can't play a full 60 minutes and if it was because you choked -- bummer again. Learn how to finish out a game. You suck ass. By the way, that same team that shredded the Patriots earlier this year lost to us twice. Only a smug NE fan clinging to Brady's testicles would come up with a response like this.

By the way, Brandon Browner is a much, much bigger thug than Sherman.

:rolleyes:

Stay Classy

Let's call it the way it is.  Skip Bayless is kind of a DB as well.  

As for the second vid -- I hate it now as much as I hated it then.  There's going to come a day when Sherman goes down and goes down hard.  I can see that -- you can see that -- anybody who follows sports in general can see that.  For now he's backing it up and my guess is he really doesn't care the day he gets torched.  He's got his name recognition.  He'll have made his money and people will know him good or bad.

So I'm not contesting you on this stuff... but for the record... Browner is still more of a thug.   :lol:

The Marshawn crotch grabbing thing has gone too far. One crotch grab can be funny particularly if it's not him running into the endzone like he did on the sidelines. But this chit he's doing now is gone too far. Grow up already.

his media shtick isn't cute either.

I hope the NFL treats him the same as everyone else on media day, and doesn't let him off the hook like last year.

As for the second vid -- I hate it now as much as I hated it then. There's going to come a day when Sherman goes down and goes down hard. I can see that -- you can see that -- anybody who follows sports in general can see that. For now he's backing it up and my guess is he really doesn't care the day he gets torched. He's got his name recognition. He'll have made his money and people will know him good or bad.

Revis has been lights out his whole career, but you never hear him say a word.

Who covers Gronkowski in the SB? I'd love to see Sherman try. Gronk would give him the beating he so richly deserves.

his media shtick isn't cute either.

I hope the NFL treats him the same as everyone else on media day, and doesn't let him off the hook like last year.

He's kind of got them and he knows it.  People want to watch him run and if you take him out of the Seattle lineup... ummmm.... we're not the same team.  And I think the NFL knows that.  So I don't expect him to be held out of the Super Bowl.  Rather I expect a huge fine.  It's going to be really bad in the Super Bowl if he scores a TD.  My guess is he does something lewd and then retires after the game.

My 2 cents.