Running with scissors

Longjohn

We just got home from the birthday party and I went down to fix the fire. Jax followed me down to welcome me home and when I wasn’t looking he stole my pliers and brought them upstairs and showed Judie. He was trying to get a game of keep away going.

• Heart 2

4 hours ago, Airehead said:

Tell us about the dudes party in another thread, please. I don’t think they can be called little dudes now. 

There is not a lot to tell. Celia is turning 16 and the buddies are 7. Mom is excited that Celia will be able to drive herself to all the school and church activities she is involved in. Judie bought the buddies each a set of nerf guns and a big bag of ammo. They were the hit of the party. Altogether eight guns and mom and dad and aunt Jamie got in on the action. I didn’t take any photos of the nerf wars. Judie also bought musical birthday cards that were a big hit but uncle Zack stole the show when the twin buddies each got singing happy fartday cards that lit up.

IMG_5898.jpeg

IMG_5897.jpeg

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, smudge said:

And it sounds like Judie knows how to select birthday gifts!

She is good at winning their hearts. I’m not good at games but she plays games with them and I hear lots of laughter. We all wish Esther was still alive but she is gone and the grandkids are accepting Judie into their lives. Their other papa’s wife passed away when Celia was little and he just remarried a couple years ago. Life goes on.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 1

11 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

She is good at winning their hearts. I’m not good at games but she plays games with them and I hear lots of laughter. We all wish Esther was still alive but she is gone and the grandkids are accepting Judie into their lives. Their other papa’s wife passed away when Celia was little and he just remarried a couple years ago. Life goes on.

The addition of more love does not subtract from the love or memories of another. In fact, it is necessary to weave the tapestry of our lives.  

• Awesome 1
  • Like 1