Happy St Patrick's Day

maddmaxx

17 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Out partying it up with my daughter. These are two of the bars in my neighborhood. A brewpub, and a beer outlet. We skipped the dive bar.

She has lost 99 pounds since going on Wegovy, a relative of Ozempic.

IMG_3825.jpeg

IMG_3826.jpeg

IMG_3827.jpeg

Awesome work on her part, Jim.  She looks absolutely healthy!  

AWWC is drooling from heaven.  :) 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

I went out to celebrate on Thursday with a lunch at a local Irish Pub.   It was quite an eclectic mix of people including one table of very festive women who for some reason had a Yoda doll with an Irish hat and pin in the middle of the table.  They were all quite themed in their clothing.

Another table had women wearing green and white flower crowns.

I found another table intriguing.  It was a number of older people with two very young, cheery women.  I was trying to figure out if it was a family outing, but realized it was a group from an assisted living facility in a nearby town.  The two women were employees who were carefully looking over their charges and everyone was having a good time with lots of smiles and laughs.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

I have eight European-born great-grandparents, six of whom emigrated to America in the 1800's and the son of the other two emigrated to America in 1906.   Two were Irish (Cashen and McDermott), Four were Polish (Gryskiewicz, Ostapowic, Gadomski, Kypczynski), one was German (Zimmerer - I can trace her ancestors to the 1400's entirely in Germany so there's definitely very high %age German DNA from Great Grandma Wilhelmina), and one, a Hartzer, was Alsatian (part of France or Germany, depending on who won the last war).  My Ancestry.com DNA analysis comes real close to what's expected for 7/8 of my DNA: 1/4 Irish (24%), 1/2 Polish (29% Polish, 20% Baltic which includes Polish - my ancestors had a farm near the Lithuanian border where floods of Jewish refugees from Russia settled so that's where my 1% Jewish comes from), 1/8 German (13%), but the other 1/8 is a mix of Vikings and other northwest Europeans that somehow ended up with the Alsatian-German family name of "Hartzer."  Those Hartzers must have done a lot of banging of people traveling through Strasbourg.

image.thumb.png.7a88ef526c5119b91530e33a479307b7.png

===================================================================================================

image.thumb.png.4043a23dddcccf030b401d73178ab7f0.png